UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: juliepooh Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1952  
Subject: Subscription to the Fool Date: 1/28/2002 4:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Beginning February 14, The Motley Fool will begin charging a low annual fee to access the Fool Community's discussion boards. From now until February 13, you can become a Charter Member and get two years access for the price of one.

I will not be subscribing. If anyone wants my contact info let me know.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: AbsolutlyBusted Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 1/28/2002 5:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
That's two of us! I hadn't received the notification or just overlooked it. I love the site and have been coming here since the inception but will have to find somewhere else to play.

Busted

Again!

Author: UhuraY2K Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 95 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 1/28/2002 11:28 PM
Julie, Busted... MAN! Here I was happy that I got comped and now you two are gone.

Uhura

Author: crobinso Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 96 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 1/29/2002 8:33 AM
I am writing this message to let everyone know that I think TMF's new subscription sucks.

I will not be joining, so February 13, 2002 will be my last day on this web site.

Charles

Author: AbsolutlyBusted Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 97 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 1/29/2002 10:42 AM
Are we going to stand for this? Let's get Jessie to march on Fool HQ's!

What other financial sites do you guys visit that would be a good play to continue to build/grow/and exchange new ideas?

I don't necessarily have a favorite site but do lurk on Fast Company, Yahoo and MSN. Do we want to create a community on any of those?

Busted

Author: crobinso Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 1/29/2002 10:51 AM
Here are some Yahoo communities for African American discussions:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afrikanvoices/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackCommunityFinance/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackcommunitynews/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/openyourthirdeye/

I am subscribed to all of them.

Charles

Author: TMFDaddyO Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 2/7/2002 11:16 PM
Hi AbsolutelyBusted,

I read that you were thinking about getting a financial planner to review your investments. You are also concerned about the fee for joining the Fool Community.

Have you considered TMF Money Advisor?

For $149 per year, you get:
* telephone access to 100% independent financial planners. The won't try to sell you anything, just answer your questions.
* access to a top-rated online financial planning tool (DirectAdvice),
* access to all our self-paced and crash course seminars, AND
* free boards.

I think we're still giving complimentary gifts of The Motley Fool Money Guide to new subscribers. If $149 gives you pause, we'll give you full access to the full Money Advisor package for $15/month. Try it for a month and cancel if you don't like it.

http://www.fool.com/ma/index.htm?ref=topnav

This board may not be as active as you might like, but at least it's free of all those spam ads: "Start Your Own Home-Based Business and Make a Million in Three Weeks".

Give Money Advisor a shot. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Fool on,
TMF DaddyO

Author: UhuraY2K Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 2/8/2002 1:01 PM
I will not be joining, so February 13, 2002 will be my last day on this web site.

Charles, nice hat, man! I guess this means you won't be going on the thirteenth, after all!

Doing my happy dance.

Uhura :o)

Author: crobinso Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 101 of 1952
Subject: Re: Subscription to the Fool Date: 2/8/2002 1:16 PM
I was given a free year. I still haven't made up my mind to actually pay though.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement