Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121095  
Subject: Such Opportunities Date: 12/27/2000 9:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I've made pitches before, but I thought I'd give one more since my VITA materials arrived yesterday. VITA, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, is an IRS-sponsored tax preparation program for people with special needs.

In exchange for a commitment to prepare returns four about 4 hours per week from Feb. 1 through Apr. 15, volunteers get good basic training in tax law and a chance to give something back to their communities. I've been doing it for years, and it's one of the most rewarding things I've done. If you're interested, contact your Taxpayer Education coordinator. You can find a contact number by clicking on your state at http://www.irs.gov/where_file/index.html.

It's also not too late for a visit to www.foolanthropy.com. Remember, you have until Sunday to make tax-deductible year 2000 charitable contributions.

Since this will be my final commercial message for 2000, a Happy New Year to all. May we all have lots of extra income to report in 2001.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
Print the post Back To Top
Author: euphoriant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43527 of 121095
Subject: Re: Such Opportunities Date: 12/27/2000 11:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Regarding the VITA program, since you are a volunteer do you sign the returns?

e

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43538 of 121095
Subject: Re: Such Opportunities Date: 12/28/2000 4:37 AM
Recommendations: 0
Regarding the VITA program, since you are a volunteer do you sign the returns?

No. Only preparers for pay are required to sign returns, and VITA volunteers are prohibited from accepting payment (for preparation of VITA returns). The returns are shown as VITA returns in the preparer data section so IRS can gather stats on the program.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement