UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1498  
Subject: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/12/2004 3:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Try some of these suggestions

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Learntobudget/P36179.asp?special=0403life
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VesperLynd Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 430 of 1498
Subject: Re: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/13/2004 2:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

... although the suggestion that since you may have only $7,999 worth of cc debt as opposed to your neighbor with $8,000, that that's a reason to feel good about your situation...

well, I suppose some people have to look for a silver lining wherever they can find one, but geez, how sad.

VL

Author: Evelynk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 431 of 1498
Subject: Re: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/13/2004 9:22 AM
It seems like frugality would be a lot more satisfying knowing that you never have to go to work again, rather than *having* to be frugal to pay off debt. <g>

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 432 of 1498
Subject: Re: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/13/2004 11:23 AM
Recommendations: 2
<<It seems like frugality would be a lot more satisfying knowing that you never have to go to work again, rather than *having* to be frugal to pay off debt. <g>

>>

It is.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: familyceo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 433 of 1498
Subject: Re: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/13/2004 8:13 PM
"It is". SP

Ditto

ceo

Author: chooey98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 434 of 1498
Subject: Re: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/14/2004 11:53 AM
Recommendations: 1
Keeping your goal in mind can help you fight the urge to spend...

This is what has kept me going...

Author: rainphakir Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 436 of 1498
Subject: Re: Suffering from frugal burnout? Date: 3/16/2004 11:42 AM
Recommendations: 2
I'm currently frugal so that I can maximize savings today for the reward of compound growth tomorrow --> FI and RE if I want!

I've a friend, who just yesterday, was complaining of how 'frugal' he is - and evenso, he and his family are about $200/month 'short'.

I just nodded and agreed with him, made some 'sympathetic' noises...

He knows how I live, what I spend money on, etc and makes 'comparisons' between us to purport that I do not have his 'needs', and therefore I can 'save' more.

True - I don't have his 'needs' - and I prioritize my 'needs' differently than he.

I guess my point is that while he does indeed live 'frugal' in some ways, he allocates the proceeds of that 'frugality' differently than I.

for me, frugality is FI priority
Ralph

FWIW - I start nodding and making sympathy noises when someone complains that they have to replace their 8 year old car because it has a noise in the airconditioner :-) they get to make their own choices

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement