UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59688  
Subject: Super Spicy Hot Pot Soup Burned Hole in Stomach Date: 3/5/2013 10:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.thedailymeal.com/super-spicy-hot-pot-soup-burned-...
Super Spicy Hot Pot Soup Burned Hole in Man's Stomach
A hospital in Wuhan, China has reported an increase in the number of "hot pot" cases
<snip>
According to Sankei Biz, a factor in this freak accident might be that many hot pot restaurants are using cheap synthetic seasonings, instead of real Sichuan peppers for heat. So much so that the Wuhan hospital has found that 15 percent of its gastrointestinal cases are caused from hot pot-related incidents, creating a group of "hot pot patients."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rainphakir Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48213 of 59688
Subject: Re: Super Spicy Hot Pot Soup Burned Hole in Stom Date: 3/5/2013 5:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
hmmm... what is meant by 'cheap synthetic seasonings'?

a google for 'synthetic seasonings' was too broad... adding 'hot pot', gave me synthetic 'pot'. :-)

and the links to Lindytoes' article.

hmm
ralph

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48216 of 59688
Subject: Re: Super Spicy Hot Pot Soup Burned Hole in Stom Date: 3/5/2013 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 0
"hmmm... what is meant by 'cheap synthetic seasonings'? a google for 'synthetic seasonings' was too broad... adding 'hot pot', gave me synthetic 'pot'. :-) and the links to Lindytoes' article. hmm
ralph

You can buy Capsaicin in a jar. That's pure unadulterated chemical that makes hot peppers hot. I'm sure that the Chinese access to the stuff too. Hell, they probably synthesize the stuff in a lab in Shanghai.

http://www.hotsauce.com/16-Million-PURE-Capsaicin-Crystals-2...

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement