Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I bought a new home in Bay Area in Jul 2000. Recd property tax bill in Nov 2000 based on the assessed value as of Jan 2000 (the home didn't exist then, just the land under builder's name). I know that I need to pay supplement property tax on the difference between the value of Jan 2000 and July 2000 (my purchase price in escrow). The question I have is when do they send the notice for the same in California and when is it due?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.