No. of Recommendations: 0
Sure, a single check can be sent to your IRA custodian clearly designating the portion that is to be counted as a contribution for the year 2000 and the amount to be contributed for 2001.

If you make only a contribution for 2000 at this time, its a very good idea to make very certain the custodian knows which year the contribution is for. Otherwise, you can have some confusion. Although in my experience these kinds of errors are easily corrected, its time and paperwork. Better to get it right the first time.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.