No. of Recommendations: 0
Sure, if you want outside help, there are many consulting firms that have 401k specialists. Buck Consultants, and Hewitt Associates are two firms that do major 401k consulting work. However, if you will not be overhauling major plan provisions, you can shop yourself if you have the time to devote to it. Most of the major mutual fund families offer 401k services directly, I know that Scudder, Fidelity, American Century, and Dreyfus do. The only draw back is that sometimes they have sizeable minimum asset sizes. The reason for this is that they will be doing the Recordkeeping, and Recordkeeping is a very low profit business. So to get involved in it, they look for Plans with large assets. Usually over 10MM. If your plan does not fit this size, please send me an e-mail in response and I will give you some service providers with reasonable fee structures for smaller Plans. I can also give you contacts at the mutual fund houses if you are interested, (No charge). Under post reply, just check off e-mail to the author.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.