UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: Survivor SS benefits Date: 9/20/2013 3:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I talked to social security about survivor benefits for planning purposes and I was surprised. I knew it would be the maximum benefit but having talked to them and read everything I could find, it seems that if I am going to claim as a survivor(spouse was the higher income and I have no real reason to try to equal or top it), there's no benefit to waiting past 66 (He was '51 and I am '54).

Did I miss something ?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73125 of 75381
Subject: Re: Survivor SS benefits Date: 9/20/2013 3:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
No

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement