UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Sustainable Business Symposium Date: 10/26/2000 12:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Here's the info on this one...

http://www.uoregon.edu/~sbs/

Anyone going? I'll be there all three days. I'm looking forward to the Natural Step training session on Friday.

Chris
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1582 of 1656
Subject: Re: Sustainable Business Symposium Date: 10/30/2000 8:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Here's the info on this one...

http://www.uoregon.edu/~sbs/

Anyone going? I'll be there all three days. I'm looking forward to the Natural Step training session on Friday.

Chris

There used to be some Pacific Northwesterners on this board. Anyone still around, and interested in going to this symposium? It's free!

Anyone been to it before?

Chris

Author: hansf Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1583 of 1656
Subject: Re: Sustainable Business Symposium Date: 10/31/2000 1:25 PM
Recommendations: 1
Hi Chris,

I'm still watching this board here in Seattle and doing some long range planning on how to shift my electrical engineering career to work towards sustainability. I'm don't have time to go to Eugene this year or even post much to this board, but thank you, and the others here, so much for your posts. You all keep the concept of sustainability fresh in my mind and give me hope and motivation to work for change.

I'll really try to make it to Eugene next year.

Have a great time!
Hans

Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1584 of 1656
Subject: Re: Sustainable Business Symposium Date: 10/31/2000 3:05 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thanks Hans.

I know how it goes with trying to integrate your current professional life with a new sustainable business model. I've been wrestling with that for several years now. Fear, uncertainty, and other barriers have been in the way for me. But, I'm starting to break those down more and more.

I am hosting a retreat of sorts in November with a few friends and colleagues to explore possibilities here in SF. We are all sick of the greedy corporate world that most of us have lived in for 10+ years, and want to take our skills and experience and create a new company that we can all believe in and that will in some way focus on sustainability and environmentalism.

Wish us luck!

Chris

Author: JohnQuixote Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1585 of 1656
Subject: Re: Sustainable Business Symposium Date: 10/31/2000 7:44 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hey Hans!

Seems to me like there's lots and lots of different EE applications that benefit the environment. I'm sure you know more than I, but for ten years I've worked in recycling, pollution prevention, and recently energy efficiency and renewable energy, and I've seen quite a few admirable technologies, and met some admirable E engineers. One of my favorite apps was the use of microwaves in the kiln at a brick factory! My new favorite is silicon carbide "powerchips."

I see that you are already self-employed and consulting. What's your background or area of expertise?

Are you following the powercosm discussions? It's a really neat board...
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=13594149&bid=113960

But an even more admirable and interesting community can be found discussing Cree, one of the companies that makes SiC powerchip materials. These folks really run a tight ship and work together amazingly well to discover facts about and learn about their company. http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13597106

It's kinda quiet on this board. I'd be interested to hear more about your work, your explorations, if'n you care to share.

Cheers!
John Quixote

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement