No. of Recommendations: 4
Suze Orman says about Tax Refunds:

A Refund is Not Found Money

If you're getting a refund, go to see the human resources person at work and ask him/her to adjust your withholding accordingly so that you no longer will get a refund. Remember, a tax refund is not a windfall; it is simply an interest-free loan to the federal government.

It is essential to understand the power money has to grow over time. If you continue to overpay your taxes, you are likely to be voluntarily donating tens of thousands of dollars to the IRS in interest. Stop this now.

The IRS has a great Web site to help you figure out exactly how many exemptions you should be using. Please use it and/or the aid of a good tax consultant or your human resources person to help you make this adjustment:

Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.