UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: geodebt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42343  
Subject: Swaddling a 6 mo old??? Date: 10/8/2012 4:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DD2 sleeps best when swaddled even now at 6 months. The issue is that she fights the swaddle. If I can get her tightly wrapped after she is deeply asleep she will sleep for most of the night. If I don't catch her at the right time or get it tight enough she busts out and has a horrible night sleep (and so do Mommy and daddy). She half wakes up flailing her arms in the air, takes her paccy out, gets very upset. I also think, based on feeling that her hands and arms get cold when she breakes out of the swaddle. If I lay her in bed with me and hold her arms down she will sleep next to me ok...

I want to get her used to something other than the swaddle but still sleep at night. I found this thing online: http://zipadeezip.com/ and read that some people put the arms inside the sleep sack.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Nicole
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41961 of 42343
Subject: Re: Swaddling a 6 mo old??? Date: 10/9/2012 9:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Does she sleep in footie pajamas? Because that would keep her arms warm.

Those look pretty cute, but I wonder about the extra fabric getting caught on things.

Lara Amber

Author: zuzu70 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41969 of 42343
Subject: Re: Swaddling a 6 mo old??? Date: 10/9/2012 1:37 PM
I've heard that if you don't wean your baby out of the swaddle by four months, it may start to affect their gross motor development. I know how interrupted the sleep gets when you're weaning off the swaddling, but it doesn't stay that way. Once they're used to sleeping without the swaddle, they'll sleep as well as they did with it.

I'm not sure how the zipadeezip is different than regular footie pajamas, except the zipadeezip obstructs the use of their hands. It would prevent her from self-soothing by thumbsucking, from grabbing her pacifier if she uses one, and maybe from using her hands to roll over & grab things.

Sorry I'm not a fan. :)

Author: pachouly Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41971 of 42343
Subject: Re: Swaddling a 6 mo old??? Date: 10/10/2012 12:40 PM
Recommendations: 1
We used halo sleep sacks starting around that time. You can also find sleep sacks with sleeves. Warm and cozy, but not tight, so if it is tight that works for her that may not help. :(

pachouly

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement