Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122014  
Subject: Sweetum's made it through the surgery XP Date: 11/16/2012 4:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
I rode around to some of "our" places, the supermarket where I found her at the rescue group's pet stand back in August 2001. The park where we used to go walking at times.

I sat in the parking lot and wrote in my journal, walked around some, and eventually made it back to the high tech vet around 230 pm and that's when the surgeon called me. I told him I had just pulled in the parking lot and I could come in and talk to him.

When I walked in, the receptionists smiled at me, I tried not to read much into it, but she showed me to a room and did a happy dance and said Sweetum's came through the surgery and was awake. They were all checking up on her. I just broke down and cried.....my little girl came through okay.

The surgeon said he saw lots of inflammation, might have been an ulcer, some irritation/foreign body that perforated the intestine and the body attacked it by clumping up and narrowing. He took out the section of intestine and re-attached the ends. She had plenty of fecal matter backed up in there and she really hasn't eaten much food since Sunday night. He said it doesn't completely rule out cancer, will have to wait for the pathology report.

She'll be in ICU all weekend, he will give me updates each morning and I can go visit her.

I went to visit her after talking to him. I had never been back there before. It's a huge medical facility. She was in one of the lower crates....not metal but plastic formed with metal door. They had a warming blanket over her because she was shivering coming out of anesthaesia and there was an IV, she looked up at me when I sat down and I petted on her and talked to her. She was doing fine.

Surgeon said he cut from the sternum to her navel. She's a strong little dog and I'm glad she made it through surgery.

Next thing is see how she does over the weekend, see what the lab report said on intestine and if all goes well, she may come home Monday or Tuesday. I'm just holding on to the fact, she's alive and doing well and she wasn't riddled with cancer inside of her.

I thank everyone for your positive energy and concern.

Sweetum's mom
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement