UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734709  
Subject: Swift Texas Justice Date: 7/24/2005 9:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
2-year-old shot after ball kicked through window

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3279681

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Evelynk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 248146 of 734709
Subject: Re: Swift Texas Justice Date: 7/24/2005 10:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
That poor little girl!

I'm not sure "Funwood Village" is a very appropriate name for that apartment complex...

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 248147 of 734709
Subject: Re: Swift Texas Justice Date: 7/24/2005 10:25 PM
Recommendations: 4
A 2-year-old girl was in critical condition today after being shot by a man during a confrontation with a group of teens after one kicked a ball through his apartment window, police said.

Police took Amin Hussein, 44, into custody. Charges have not yet been filed in the case.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no way he was related to Saddam Hussein, Saddam ran a secular gov't which was very friendly <g>.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 248219 of 734709
Subject: Re: Swift Texas Justice Date: 7/25/2005 1:44 PM
Swift Texas Justice

The way you spin things never ceases to amaze me! <g>

decath

Author: BattleAxes Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 248238 of 734709
Subject: Re: Swift Texas Justice Date: 7/25/2005 2:18 PM
Police say a severely disturbed geography teacher has shot six people
who did not know the capitol of Scotland. They say he is still on the
loose, and they remind everyone the capitol of Scotland is Edinburgh.

A man shot six people on the downtown bus today, then asked for a
transfer and shot six people on the crosstown bus. In order to
prevent this from happening in the future, authorities are
discontinuing the transfer system.

Finally, a man in Texas was arrested today for shooting and killing:
his wife, son, two daughters, his mother and father, all four of his
grandparents, his dog, his mailman, three neighbors, and a woman who
works at the filling station. He claims he was just cleaning his gun
when it suddenly went off.

http://www.mit.edu/people/daveg/Humor/HumorLocker/Special/George.Carlin/carlin.news

Author: retireearlyboi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 248241 of 734709
Subject: Re: Swift Texas Justice Date: 7/25/2005 2:31 PM
Recommendations: 2
>>>>>
Around 8:40 p.m., the teens were making their way through the Funwood Village apartment complex at 11715 S. Glen when one kicked the ball through the Hussein's window, police said.
<<<<<<

I feel really bad for the little girl and the guy who shot her needs to be slammed in jail.

But you know I see this kind of crap all the time. And you get sick and tired of parents not doing their job. How many times do you think similar things happened to this guy with these kids? How much do you want to bet that this was part of a pattern of behaviour by this group of teens. How much do you want to bet that the parents of the teens were totally unaware of what their kids were doing, and would not punish them after they found out what they did? You say it was an accident? Don't let accidents happen!

My parents had us living in fear. It would not happen that we would kick the ball through the window because we knew that we would be *THROTTLED* when we got home and got through the door. What do you think will happen to these kids? Their parents will probably put their "Little Angels" into counseling, or put them on Ridalin. Then they will figure out how it happened that the nasty guy put his window in the way of *THEIR* childs ball. And get ready for the Law Suit against the guy waving a gun at them.

I'm not a parent and have chosen not to be one because I know it's not within me to do that job. By the same token I see daily parents who refuse to do theirs and I am sick of it. Kids need to live in *fear* that there are ramifications against their even *appearing* to do some wise a$$ thing to an adult. Keep their noses clean, as my parents would say. I am so tired of lazy parents not doing their job and dumping their juvenile delliquents on the rest of society, and expecting *me* to deal with it.

And again, the guy is a nut job and I really feel for the little girl and her family. I am not saying I condone what the "whack job" set out to do, but I have to say, I somewhat "understand."

Of course it's just my opinion.

-reb

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement