Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Cashemco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4356  
Subject: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/13/2012 10:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-ullman/homeopathic-medici...

In late 2011, the Swiss government's report on homeopathic medicine represents the most comprehensive evaluation of homeopathic medicine ever written by a government and was just published in book form in English (Bornhoft and Matthiessen, 2011). This breakthrough report affirmed that homeopathic treatment is both effective and cost-effective and that homeopathic treatment should be reimbursed by Switzerland's national health insurance program.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3845 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/14/2012 3:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Errr...look at the source of the article here.... Dana Ullman an evidence based homeopath. Someone's really joking with you now.

Here's how to arm yourself and fight back at these jokers. Do a *Google* on...

Avogadro's Number

Limits of Dilution

Side effects of high doses of quinine (Hahnemann's original homeopathic *proving*)

Samuel Hahnemann.....if you're not sure who I'm talking about.

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3846 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/14/2012 3:56 PM
If only Dana was Dara..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvMb90hem8

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3847 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/14/2012 5:07 PM
Recommendations: 8
Errr...look at the source of the article here.... Dana Ullman an evidence based homeopath. Someone's really joking with you now.

Joking? No. I think the problem is you not taking serious information seriously. First, this isn't an article on homeopathic medicine. It's the review of a lengthy, impressively comprehensive evaluative report carried out and published by an appropriate part of the Swiss government. And the fact that the reviewer is an evidence-based practitioner speaks to her understanding of good research, the need for genuine evidence, etc.

This is borne out by some of her early comments, which also emphasize the quality of the report she's reviewing (I've bolded some meaningful phrases):

"Not only did this report carefully and comprehensively review the body of evidence from randomized double-blind and placebo controlled clinical trials testing homeopathic medicines, they also evaluated the "real world effectiveness" as well as safety and cost-effectiveness. The report also conducted a highly-comprehensive review of the wide body of preclinical research (fundamental physio-chemical research, botanical studies, animal studies, and in vitro studies with human cells).

And still further, this report evaluated systematic reviews and meta-analyses, outcome studies, and epidemiological research. This wide review carefully evaluated the studies conducted, both in terms of quality of design and execution (called "internal validity") and how appropriate each was for the way that homeopathy is commonly practiced (called "external validity")."

Second--although the principles that are said to underlie homeopathic treatment do sound pretty incredible, I know exceptionally competent physicians who are spectacular clinicials and med school teachers who have gone on to add homeopathic training to their skills/tools. They agree that it sounds ridiculous and incredible, but they all say -- they've seen it work too many times to continue doubting it.

I also have a cousin (well, wife of my cousin) who is specifically a pediatric homeopath. And I have seen what she has been able to do with infants and children with really serious health conditions that have defied conventional physicians.

Years ago, I had come across a well done study documenting the effectiveness of homeopathic treatment for children's ear infections, as effective or more so than antibiotics, and without side effects.

I keep two homeopathic ointments in my medicine cabinet for soft tissue injuries, charley horse, bruising. Boy, do they work to reduce inflammation, swelling, pain, minimize or eliminate bruising, and speed healing. One is Traumeel, the other is Topricin.

If you want to sneer at homeopathy and call it a joke, you're certainly entitled to. The loss is yours.

sheila

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3848 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/14/2012 5:38 PM
I also have a cousin (well, wife of my cousin) who is specifically a pediatric homeopath. And I have seen what she has been able to do with infants and children with really serious health conditions that have defied conventional physicians.

I'm interested here....really.

Were you there at the bedside to observe this treatment?

What sort of conditions are you referring to (HIPAA compliance wouldn't be violated just by citing specific conditions)

Author: Runemage One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3849 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 11:55 AM
Recommendations: 12

What a bizarre question Vee, would you allow or even want a stranger at your child's bedside when they underwent hospital or any other treatment?

Thought not.

As for seeing homoeopathy work, a friend's child in the same class at school as mine had severe asthma, even the strongest inhalers couldn't make her life comfortable. Her mother took her to a homoeopath, not a medically qualified doctor but a practitioner with several decades of experience. The practitioner gave the child one pillule and the child had no more asthma.

So, have I seen the results, yes, was the child given anything else, no, did it work overnight yes, was there any lifestyle change, no, did she ever need asthma meds again? Well, that was 15 years ago and I still know her and can say she's not had any asthma surface since that day.

Are all homoeopathic treatments that quick and that successful, no, many need a course of treatment but I know of more than that single event.

No-one's asking you to try it Vee, we post things on here for interested people to read. It's obvious from reading every post of yours that you're not interested in any form of alternative or complementary therapies, so please allow the people who are interested in exploring this field some room to find what they are looking for here without having to sift through so much noise.

I'll second Sheila's comment and add a little of my own to it in italics,

"If you want to sneer at homeopathy and other protocols discussed here and call it a joke, you're certainly entitled to. The loss is yours."

Rune

Author: TurkeyBreath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3850 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 3:53 PM
...The practitioner gave the child one pillule and the child had no more asthma...

what is a "pillule"?

TB

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3851 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 4:21 PM
What a bizarre question Vee, would you allow or even want a stranger at your child's bedside when they underwent hospital or any other treatment?

Precisely....the very reason why I asked the question.

It seemed to me a bit bizarre that someone could state ... And I have seen what she has been able to do with infants and children with really serious health conditions that have defied conventional physicians.

I mean....if you've seen something then you've seen it, right.....as in *with your own eyes*. You were there to observe it. That doesn't comport with my experience of how clinical situations with any genuinely sick person works......and doesn't comport with the legalities of what compliance HIPAA is supposed to be all about.

No-one's asking you to try it Vee, we post things on here for interested people to read. It's obvious from reading every post of yours that you're not interested in any form of alternative or complementary therapies, so please allow the people who are interested in exploring this field some room to find what they are looking for here without having to sift through so much noise.

I'm not preventing anyone from exploring this field (whatever it might be) but it would be a mistake on your part to imagine that everyone who reads ths board automatically wants to read nonsense without some objective interjection. Or maybe not.

Are you saying STFU? Can do!!

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3852 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 4:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
what is a "pillule"?

Something infinitesimal.....I think.

It works better than a "pill"

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3853 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 5:11 PM
Recommendations: 6
Precisely....the very reason why I asked the question.

It seemed to me a bit bizarre that someone could state ... And I have seen what she has been able to do with infants and children with really serious health conditions that have defied conventional physicians.

I just don't understand, then, why you didn't come right out and simply ASK me directly whether I'd actually been at the bedsides, because it seemed pretty bizarre. Why are you so disingenuous about it?

The answer is that I didn't use my language carefully. These were situations recounted to me by my cousin, and by his wife (the homeopath). They were recounted to provide a clear understanding of the medical circumstances. And I know these two people well enough to know that I can rely on the accuracy of what they tell me. I don't recall the details at this point, though, so I'll have to disappoint you Vee. But you certainly got a good example from Rune. And why don't you pick up that book?

it would be a mistake on your part to imagine that everyone who reads ths board automatically wants to read nonsense without some objective interjection. Or maybe not.

What about your difficulty in determining what is and isn't nonsense? And what constitutes "objective" interjection on your part? Your response to the initial link was anything but objective, and actually falls within the purview of nonsense. You misjudged the content of the piece, and the credentials and motivation of the person writing it.

And what makes you think that you are the sole individual who posts here who is qualified to provide "objective interjection" anyway? Far too many of your interjections are anything but objective. Your strong anti-CAM bias is usually sticking out a mile. And instead of stepping outside your comfort zone and trying to learn something about CAM modalities, you heap scorn on them.

sheila

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3854 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 5:28 PM

I just don't understand, then, why you didn't come right out and simply ASK me directly whether I'd actually been at the bedsides, because it seemed pretty bizarre.

Did I not...

What sort of conditions are you referring to (HIPAA compliance wouldn't be violated just by citing specific conditions)

How harder does anyone actually have to ask in order to be perceived to be actually... ASKING.

So, do I have this right....you were not there to actually *see*

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3855 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/15/2012 10:38 PM
Recommendations: 2

I answered that in my last post. You didn't finish reading it?

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3856 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 9:46 AM

I answered that in my last post. You didn't finish reading it?

Is this the the answer?....

The answer is that I didn't use my language carefully. These were situations recounted to me by my cousin, and by his wife (the homeopath). They were recounted to provide a clear understanding of the medical circumstances. And I know these two people well enough to know that I can rely on the accuracy of what they tell me. I don't recall the details at this point, though, so I'll have to disappoint you Vee....

As far as I can tell, *NO* would've been sufficent......correct?

You're not disappointing me at all, BTW. I just wanted clarification that you were relying on second hand testimony as opposed to seeing something miraculous unfold before your eyes (in addition to being party to a breach of patient confidentiality).....me not knowing much about this CAM stuff and all ;)

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3857 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 9:56 AM
Recommendations: 5
I just wanted clarification that you were relying on second hand testimony as opposed to seeing something miraculous unfold before your eyes

Like the reams of DH second-hand testimony you're always quoting to prove your points?

Oh right. That's MD second-hand testimony. I guess that elevates it to a different level.

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3858 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 10:39 AM
I just wanted clarification that you were relying on second hand testimony as opposed to seeing something miraculous unfold before your eyes

Like the reams of DH second-hand testimony you're always quoting to prove your points?

Do I do that.....no really....do I?

The handful of examples I try to provide from my husband's (plus mine and more recently my daughter's) examples of clinical situations in the field of biological science for sure aren't intended to *prove a point*

I mean, if one wanted a perspective on, say, driving a car, Contrct Bridge bidding strategies etc. etc., I reckon most folk would want to get a POV from someone who'd actually sat behind the wheel of a car or who'd played a game or six of Bridge, no?

Could you give me an example of a part of the ream of second hand testimony appearing to come from my husband......he's usually pretty scrupulous about HIPAA compliance and patient anonimity (as am I, come to that) I need to know how I should tighten things up a bit.

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3859 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 10:45 AM
Don't know whether it'll mitigate the anti MD thang any.....but dh is also a PhD (as well as an AKC....as am I)

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3860 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 11:30 AM
Do I do that.....no really....do I?

OMG Vee. Yes, you do.

The handful of examples I try to provide from my husband's (plus mine and more recently my daughter's) examples of clinical situations in the field of biological science for sure aren't intended to *prove a point*

Handful? Did I hear you say "handful"? I think your basic counting skills need a brush-up. Bringing in your DD's experiences was an item I'd thought of mentioning, but decided not to since that really is relatively infrequent (though by no means "more recently"--you've been talking about her experiences since her vet school days).

And I don't see how you can say these examples aren't raised to prove a point. You're always making a point--which is what we do, when we discuss things. And you bring in your DH and DD experiences to underline how you're right and the person you're trying to "teach" is clearly wrong.

Could you give me an example of a part of the ream of second hand testimony appearing to come from my husband......he's usually pretty scrupulous about HIPAA compliance and patient anonimity (as am I, come to that) I need to know how I should tighten things up a bit.

No, I can't give you examples. But if YOU want to take the time to go back through your reams of posts on health-related boards, that's fine with me. And whoever said anything about breaching patient anonymity? Names were never used.

And that's it for now on this thread. I have a knotty article I need to finish (re the molecular biology of melanoma), and another to start on (the skin microbiome).

sheila

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3861 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 11:38 AM
Recommendations: 10
Don't know whether it'll mitigate the anti MD thang any.....but dh is also a PhD (as well as an AKC....as am I)

I have nothing against plain old MDs. As for PhD's--so he and I have something in common. And it's NOT your husband's experiences or qualifications I was talking about, my dear. Your changing the subject. I mentioned him only because of your comment casting aspersions on "secondary" sources for medical/treatment-related observations. Since you regularly mention your DH's medical/treatment-related observations, you either need to stop criticizing it in others, or stop doing it yourself. Zero to do with your hubby's qualifications per se.

Though if you'd drop the "thang" thang -- I really would thank you. Unless I''m in the minority, and most people find it cute.

And AKC.....let's see.....the only thing (oops....thang) I know that from is American Kennel Club.

sheila

p.s. I supposed I should apologize for sounding a bit unkind. But the way in which you approach these disagreements is really wearing thin.

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3862 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 1:36 PM

No, I can't give you examples...

See....here you go again (as they say!)

With all of the animosity you aim in my direction....as popular as it might appear (and probably is on this forum).... whenever I ask for a specific example of what it is that you're complaining about, you always seem to duck out and hide behind whatever busyness you have on your schedule or that Straw Man you've constructed.

You make pretty dogmatic statements.....and they're tremendously *rec*-worthy as far as I can tell..... but then there's nothing beyond the fact that you're a bit too busy right now or that it was your cousin who said it if there's a request for something resembling substantial *evidence*

There's a credibility issue here...

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3863 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/16/2012 4:16 PM
Recommendations: 9
With all of the animosity you aim in my direction....as popular as it might appear (and probably is on this forum).... whenever I ask for a specific example of what it is that you're complaining about, you always seem to duck out and hide behind whatever busyness you have on your schedule or that Straw Man you've constructed.

If you are serious about wanting an example of you bringing in your husband's experience, observations, comments, etc -- why do you expect that I have a catalogue of them in my head? It's enough for me to assert what I regularly see in your posts. And if you really want examples, then go look for them.

If my cousin (by marriage)....oh, I'll call her my DC.....the highly trained homeopath with many years of experience....recounting her direct experiences in treating challenging patients isn't acceptable to you, that's your choice. I'm not hiding behind anything in noting what she has told me.

"There's a credibility issue here... "
You've got that right. Except for the direction you're looking in.

And I'm not citing my work pressures as a reason to absolve me of providing you "substantial *evidence*". I've already told you what I have to say. And you can read the Swiss English-translated book if you want evidence. I said that simply to explain why I'm not continuing this pointless attempt at dialogue beyond this current post. Straw Man? That's your specialty, not mine. And I have no plans or desire to take it over from you.

sheila

Author: LQu Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3864 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/17/2012 12:01 PM

I'll second Sheila's comment and add a little of my own to it in italics,

"If you want to sneer at homeopathy and other protocols discussed here and call it a joke, you're certainly entitled to. The loss is yours."

But unfortunately the loss is also to the rest of the readers of the board as well, as the signal-to-noise ratio encountered here has an affect on posting levels.

To add my own personal anecdata to the thread - I have had good success using Arnica with our animals. That's one of the main ingredients in the Traumeel that Sheila mentioned. Although, the Traumeel is a 6x dose, I think. I used a more "classic" homeopathic level of the 30C Arnica pellets.

My horse was badly bruised and injured after after getting cast outside in a fence. Soft tissue injuries - no gaping cuts or wounds, other than some skin scrapes. He was stuck on the ground for almost 24 hours. The difficulties from being cast, as well as some hind-end arthritis from a previous bout with Lyme Disease a couple of years prior made it too hard for him to get up. The vet frankly did not expect him to live & had asked if we wanted him put down. He was 35 at the time.

During the night, I gave him Rescue Remedy for the stress/panic and Arnica for the bruising. RR is a Bach flower remedy, not technically a homeopathic dilution. He was amazingly calm and cooperative thruout the entire ordeal. And he was normally a horse who could be easily spooked. We spent the night rolling him from one side to the other to help prevent colic and more internal injuries, as well as giving him body massages to reduce the impact of being prone so long. At that point we were hoping that with some rest after being removed from the fence, he might recover enough force to get himself up. But that didn't happen.

After many unsuccessful attempts to help haul him up, we finally called the Fire Department in desperation. They hadn't lifted any large animals before, but they were able to set up a hoist and get him up (I love our volunteer FD)

The vet arrive that a.m. just as they were getting him up. I think he thought this follow-up call was going to be for euthanasia. He didn't know that we had called the Fire Department as a last, desperate resort. He was astounded that Red was able to walk away after the lift was removed. Not to say that he wasn't sore and stiff. But the vet said he'd never seen anything like it in his 25 years of practice.

Red's recovery was amazingly quick too. I continued to give him the Arnica during that time. Considering the low cost and virtually nil side effects, there was no reason not to try it. Animals can't fake a placebo affect. Of course, there's no way to know how he would have done without it, but the circumstances were so severe, one can not help but think, hmmm...we may not know everything about this yet, but it is worth it to keep an open mind at least.

Personally, I have had excellent results with Rhus Tox for poison ivy. The first time I used it I had severe poison ivy all over my face. The itching was horrible. One hour after taking it, DH looked at me and did a double-take. The poison ivy had faded away by about half (our personal estimate - no scientific measurements or before/after pictures were taken for those that might ask about such things).

I do find the dosing can be important, at least for me. When it was effective, I didn't need to keep dosing 4x/day as the label listed. That would actually cause an aggravation. The itchiness would return. I found less was more.

A couple of weeks ago I had a stuffy, runny nose from a cold I'd been fighting off for a couple of days. I finally remembered I had some pulsitilla in the cabinet. I took one dose. An hour later I could breath better and my nose stopped running.

My state-licensed, board-certified naturopath will refer patients to several homeopaths as part of her treatment plans. She coordinates with traditional medical practitioners as well as with alternative care. She has had good experiences with her patients using homeopathic treatments.

Laura

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3865 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/18/2012 9:24 AM
But unfortunately the loss is also to the rest of the readers of the board as well, as the signal-to-noise ratio encountered here has an affect on posting levels

I do believe you're wrong here, Laura.

The signal-to-noise ratio appears to generate far more interest WRT this topic than most others on this board.

As always WRT discussion on homeopathy...

Avogadro's Number...

Limits of dilution...

Placebo effects

...and more important....observer belief systems...

Animals can't fake a placebo affect. Of course, there's no way to know how he would have done without it...

Well, there you go....

*Animals* can't fake a placebo effect.....but those who report placebo effects in their *animals* might get caught up in a belief system that supports the water cure.

My state-licensed, board-certified naturopath will refer patients to several homeopaths as part of her treatment plans. She coordinates with traditional medical practitioners as well as with alternative care. She has had good experiences with her patients using homeopathic treatments.

You know this *for a fact* ....even though this sort of information is totally in violation of federal HIPAA complice laws.

Anyone on this rap-sheet of your *state licensed, board certified naturopathic practitioner's referral list* would not like to have their work practices and credentials scrutinised too closely.

I hate to say it but....trust me....they would not!

Author: LQu Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3866 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/18/2012 2:03 PM
Recommendations: 9
Here we go again <sigh>....

You know this *for a fact* ....even though this sort of information is totally in violation of federal HIPAA complice laws.

Sorry, Vee. You are incorrect to characterize such statements as violations.

A doctor is NOT in violation of HIPAA to make generalized statements such as (as examples): "I have had good results with <XYZ> in the treatment of my patients", or "75% of my patients have reported good to excellent results when using <ABC>", or "I have used <123> with patients for the last 5 years and found it to be very effective, with the large majority of patients reporting significant improvement, or "98% of patients reported their physical therapy treatment provided good to excellent results, with 87% reporting a complete return of pre-incident range-of-motion and a return to work after an average of 8.7 treatment sessions".

HIPPA Regulation:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/p...

WHAT INFORMATION IS PROTECTED

Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."12

(note: bold is my emphasis, the quotations are the included emphasis from HHS)

and...

DE-IDENTIFIED HEALTH INFORMATION. There are no restrictions on the use or disclosure of de-identified health information.14 De-identified health information neither identifies nor provides a reasonable basis to identify an individual. There are two ways to de-identify information; either: 1) a formal determination by a qualified statistician; or 2) the removal of specified identifiers of the individual and of the individual’s relatives, household members, and employers is required, and is adequate only if the covered entity has no actual knowledge that the remaining information could be used to identify the individual.15
(bold emphasis mine)

Laura

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3867 of 4356
Subject: Re: Swiss Government & Homeopathic Medicine Date: 10/23/2012 4:36 PM
Laura and Sheila, thanks for the reminder on arnica and Traumeel. I have some at home that I forget to use on my knees and hips for arthritis. I'm going to get it out and start using it.

Laura, I've used flower essences for years on myself and my animals and regularly recommend them for clients. While technically not 'homeopathic', they do work on subtle energy levels. I was so happy when a humane society a couple hours from here was willing to use the "Animal Relief" formula to help capture cats at a former meth lab. Unfortunately, only one of the 140+ animals survived, but they used it successfully with a feral mom cat and are now using it with all their feral animals to help socialize.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement