Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
what is the procedure for switching from one family of mutual funds to another? is there a right and wrong way of doing it? I am in a mutual fund that, after comparing it with another family index fund, is doing very poorly and I would like to transfer all the proceeds from the old one to the new one. Do I just cash it out and then open a new account, or , can it be done by wire transfer from one company to the other? will I still have to pay taxes on the transaction or not? I'm trying to do it the best, easiest and cheapest way possible. Help, I'm foolishly not sure what to do.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.