UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (89) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Dwdonhoff Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76079  
Subject: Re: Retirement, college, and Obamanomics Date: 1/6/2013 5:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Sykesix,

You're the one claiming these IULs do all these great things. Fair enough. But since you're keeping the details secret, somebody else has to go looking for the particulars.
Nobody's kept *anything* secret... have you not read any of the threads on IULs that I have provided exhaustive broken-out explanations on?

Seriously... zero secrets. Whatever you don't understand, ask.

As I mentioned, since the top cap is variable based on unknown factors (but no less than 3%!) we can't make any reasonable estimate about future 30-year returns because we have no idea how they calculate the top cap.
Its not unknown, and we know what the caps are determined by (I've already explained it right in this very thread... please go read before stepping on yourself.)

My guess it is based on insurance company profits, but who knows?
Anybody knowledgable knows, pretty much exactly like every other asset class.

Again... zero secrets. Whatever you don't understand, ask.

I'd re-answer the questions you bring... but they're already answered by me and others *IN* this very thread, and others I know you've participated in... just scroll up!

As a rule of thumb if you have no idea how the terms of deal are calculated and the other party isn't willing to tell you...probably not a good deal for you.
Generally agree, and that principal applies pretty much universally.

HOWEVER, the lack of mechanical capability of understanding doesn't mean something doesn't actually work, nor that you can't benefit from it. You don't have to understand computer engineering to participate on TMF, for example.

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (89) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement