UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ValueSnark Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6324  
Subject: TA Service with daily updates Date: 3/14/2010 5:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know of a service that will give you stocks satisfying certain criteria on a daily basis? For example, if you specify
8-day and 34-day (or some other day) simple (or exponential) MAs, and request a daily list of stocks where the 8-day crosses the 34-day, could you get this? Otherwise you're reduced (literally) to hunting and pecking.

Another question: any opinions as to whether SMAs or EMAs are better?
Thanks,

VS (TA novice, if that)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rharmelink Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6305 of 6324
Subject: Re: TA Service with daily updates Date: 3/14/2010 5:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
You could create custom scans on StockCharts if you're a member, but they have a free pre-defined scans page:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan

You could create your own scan criteria on StockFetcher if you're a member. I have the results of several of my predefined scans emailed to me each day:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/ui2/prebuilt.php

Author: ValueSnark Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6306 of 6324
Subject: Re: TA Service with daily updates Date: 3/14/2010 8:50 PM
Thank you, rharmelink.

Have you found the service to your liking, and have you made money?
I listened to the interview on the internet of Ray Firetag, the guy who turned 50k into 1M+ shorting the bernanke buck against the Aussie $ last year (google him; the WSJ article featuring him is available also from last September). There was another interview with a different trader linked to at the RF interview (Mike Tomo, or something like that). His interview was good, and he said basically he just looks at a couple moving averages and follows the kiss principle.

VS

Author: rharmelink Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6307 of 6324
Subject: Re: TA Service with daily updates Date: 3/14/2010 11:47 PM
Have you found the service to your liking, and have you made money?

I've only played with each. I'm more of an FA guy than a TA guy, so StockFetcher really doesn't gain me a whole lot. And so far, StockScreen123 has been interesting, but I'm not sure I'd put any money down on screens I've come up with there. I tend to do most of my work via EXCEL spreadsheets.

Actually, my main investing style is "paralysis by analysis". :)

Author: ValueSnark Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6308 of 6324
Subject: Re: TA Service with daily updates Date: 3/15/2010 8:43 AM
Check out Hewitt Heisermann Jr.'s book, It's Earnings that Count.
Best FA book I've seen. Graham and Dodd up to date.
He has a discussion board somewhere at the fool, but it's not very active.

VS

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement