Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2767  
Subject: TableTop Web Show Date: 6/29/2012 11:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Have you ever dreamed that an older, bearded Ensign Wesley Crusher would explain to you how to play Settlers of Catan? Yes? Well, (A) that's a really weird dream; are you getting the help you need? And (B) here you go, the web video series, "TableTop": http://tabletop.geekandsundry.com/

Or, here's their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4F80C7D2DC8D9B6C

In each episode, host Wil Wheaton explains the basics of a game, then plays it on camera with three of his friends to demonstrate. Every episode runs about 30 minutes. My favorite so far was the episode where they played Munchkin with Steve Jackson himself, but every episode has made me laugh. They've also done Ticket to Ride, Small World, Settlers of Catan, Castle Panic, and one episode covering Zombie Dice, Tsuro, and Get Bit.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: platykurtic Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2709 of 2767
Subject: Re: TableTop Web Show Date: 7/3/2012 12:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You've missed the best episode ... the one where they played Munchkin with Steve Jackson.

But I agree - Tabletop is a pretty fun watch for 1/2 an hour.

Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2710 of 2767
Subject: Re: TableTop Web Show Date: 7/3/2012 12:56 PM
I didn't miss it; I said the Munchkin episode was my favorite.

There's a new episode out this week about "Gloom", which I haven't watched yet. I haven't even heard of that game before.

Author: platykurtic Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2711 of 2767
Subject: Re: TableTop Web Show Date: 7/4/2012 2:08 AM
Duh - reading comprehension error. My apologies.

Author: stannius Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2712 of 2767
Subject: Re: TableTop Web Show Date: 7/12/2012 1:49 AM
They always seem to get at least one rule wrong. But then again, I've certainly had the experience of finding out after years of playing a game a certain way, that a minor or major rule was something we had made up or misinterpreted.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement