Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: marketwatchmd Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 574  
Subject: Take a look at the April Option there going craz Date: 4/2/2007 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Has anyone taken a lot at the April 40 dollar options they are going crazy up 133,000 just today. any ideas why this is.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: BMW2001 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 559 of 574
Subject: Re: Take a look at the April Option there going Date: 4/3/2007 7:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The Hedge Funds have HAL in their sights. The volitility and the short positions have made this stock a ping pong over the last several months.

Not to mention, that this is a politically incorrect stock at the moment symbolizing all that is wrong with the present regime?

Hal's managment seems to have a distinct plan in mind, and apparently are concentrating on the company and avoiding the noise in the market.

I like their discipline, so I am long HAL

Author: scorecardharry One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 560 of 574
Subject: Re: Take a look at the April Option there going Date: 4/4/2007 10:26 PM

The Hedge Funds have HAL in their sights. The volitility and the short positions have made this stock ping pong over the last several months..

I'd agree with that . I'm not sure what the short interest is right now, but it moved up quite a bit in March. Where would I look to see what it is currently ? The April options expire on the 15th or 16th, right ?

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_full.asp?mode=&kind=shortint&symbol=HAL&symbol=&symbol=&FormType=&mkttype=&pathname=&page=short&selected=HAL

Author: ODKScott One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 561 of 574
Subject: Re: Take a look at the April Option there going Date: 4/6/2007 2:07 AM
http://www.shortsqueeze.com/index.php?symbol=hal

Author: BMW2001 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 562 of 574
Subject: Re: Take a look at the April Option there going Date: 4/6/2007 8:21 AM
Thank you for the link. I usually look at the Barrons tables, but this is better.

Any thoughts about how the recent KBR divestiture will reduce the float, and by how much?

Hal would make a good target to be taken out by private equity.

Author: Nuke68 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 563 of 574
Subject: Re: Take a look at the April Option there going Date: 4/9/2007 5:42 PM
The offer was OVERSUBSCRIBED with 211 million shares of HAL offered and they will only be able to accept about 40% (I think the max offered shares HAL was able to bring in is 85.3 million). They had approx 999 million shares outstanding (996.47 million float) so only reduced their shares outstanding by 8.5%

Sorry, you'll have to copy/paste the link.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070405/20070405005885.html?.v=1

Not sure what to think of the oversubscription!

Author: BMW2001 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 564 of 574
Subject: Re: Take a look at the April Option there going Date: 4/11/2007 12:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
RE: Over subscription of KBR for HAL

I think it has to do with the large short ratio on HAL, and the lack of the Cheney association which HAL has been saddled.

I am beginning to think that HAL cannot get a decent value as an equity, and it may be taken out in Pvt Equity.

Apparently, Ken Fischer, thinks HAL is a candidate for a take out.

Ken was never a favored prognosticator, of mine, though.

Long: HAL

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement