UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSpeck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947710  
Subject: Take It To The Bank Chumps Date: 11/7/2012 1:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 115
Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we? Back in September 2011, I made the following comment:

The GOP has not yet fielded a (Presidential) candidate who can win the general election. That doesn't mean they won't, but none of the current crop will do it.

ramsfanray to Theobald64 in the same thread:

What's your track record on prediction elections over a year out?

Theobald64's response:

Well, mine is excellent.[…] On this one, let me make this plain, and take it to the bank chumps.

Unless there is a third party candidate, the GOP will win the Presidency with either Perry or Romney. If the GOP nominates Perry the GOP will get about 330 or so EV, if they nominate Romney, you are talking a trouncing of McGovernesque proportions.

My response:

"Chump" or no, I'll see you here next November to compare notes ;-)

Theobald64's response:

I am sure you will, but trust me, I have heard it before and the bodies of political handicappers have been everywhere around me once I commit. The problem you guys have is that I tend to be right, quite a lot.
http://boards.fool.com/butbutshes-stoopid-29554421.aspx?sort...

and

So, 75% of these people believe whatever you tell them and don't bother to read or check. To them they really do believe that VA, NC and FL will go to the Democrats.

VA? Obama
NC? Romney, by the narrowest of margins
FL? As I write this, still too close to call

Oh, and Obama won with the >300 electoral votes theobald64 said would be going to *gulp* Perry. So much for a "trouncing of McGovernesque proportions...

You probably better give Karl Rove back his special election calculator ;-)

Cheers and congratulations Mr. President,

Speck
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833533 of 1947710
Subject: Re: Take It To The Bank Chumps Date: 11/7/2012 7:36 AM
Recommendations: 2
You're right of course but guys like Theo and Nemisistorationality who come here exclusively to jump up and down wearing big red noses, loudly squealing "look at me, look at me", aren't exactly giant intellectual challenges. Except for amusement they merit no attention.

Author: ShouldKnowBetter Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833537 of 1947710
Subject: Re: Take It To The Bank Chumps Date: 11/7/2012 7:50 AM
Recommendations: 6
What surprizes me is that you can find these posts, given the poor search capabilities on the Fool

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833891 of 1947710
Subject: Re: Take It To The Bank Chumps Date: 11/7/2012 3:50 PM
Recommendations: 0
Get over yourself.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1834101 of 1947710
Subject: Re: Take It To The Bank Chumps Date: 11/8/2012 2:07 AM
Nice gloating, Speck. We'll remember that, and if you lose next time, you might find yourself getting kicked when you're down.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1834104 of 1947710
Subject: Re: Take It To The Bank Chumps Date: 11/8/2012 3:06 AM

We'll remember that, and if you lose next time, you might find yourself getting kicked when you're down.

Where are the clowns? There ought to be clowns, well maybe next year.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement