Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rjm111 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: Take pension now? Date: 4/1/2000 5:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any input on the following would be appreciated:

I am 39 and the company I work for is being acquired by a large company with a cash-type pension. My current employer uses the traditiona, old-style pension. We are being offered the opportunity to "cash out" of our original plan and start from zero in the new plan. I would be getting between $50-60K and would immediately roll it over into an IRA. Anyone see any reason why I shouldn't take this opportunity to get my money out now and invest it on my own?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dzgsvv021057 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 294
Subject: Re: Take pension now? Date: 4/2/2000 1:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
rjm111,

Before you take "cash out" you must read this

enclosed website:

http://www.fool.com/school/taxes/1999/taxes990618.htm

I hope this helps?

Good Luck and Fool-on!!!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement