UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ToesUp One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75864  
Subject: Take the Dividends and Run Date: 12/16/1999 6:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My new Hair brained thought it to place 75% of my Port with companies that give high dividends and 25%in RB to hold.
My theory is to remove the Dividends and add them to my "For Play" budget and have fun while I still can while not impacting the principle.
I don't want to give it to the kids because they didn't earn it.
I want to do all the things that was not able to do when working.
The RB Port, I quess is just for grinns.

Where do I go to find Companies that generate Larger dividends?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: don1941 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16448 of 75864
Subject: Re: Take the Dividends and Run Date: 12/16/1999 11:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
There are several stock sites that let you screen for various things about available stocks. use http://www.wsrn.com and ask for a yield of 6% or greater. Of course, they may not be the best stocks to own for capital preservation. (That may be why they have such a high yield.) You'll probably find lots of utilities that fit this category.

Author: reader99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16830 of 75864
Subject: Re: Take the Dividends and Run Date: 12/24/1999 12:01 AM
Companies that generate Larger dividends?

There is a book in the public library called "Dividends Don't Lie" that might interest you.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement