UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947242  
Subject: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
House: 234 to 198
Governorships: 29 to 20
State Legislatures: 27 to 15

Next stop, Senate control in 2014.

Thank you, Tea Party.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836642 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Back from whom?

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836643 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
Back from the worthless pampered pinhead boomers who took it over, of course.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836645 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:45 PM
Recommendations: 4

Isn't it their country, too?

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836648 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:51 PM
Recommendations: 0

For a little while. Hopefully, not long enough to break it.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836652 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:53 PM

LMAO

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836653 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:53 PM
America is what it was founded to be, its traditions, its principles.

Those who don't like how it was founded and don't like its traditions are trying to change it, these are the people we need to take our country back from.

America was different, it was special, why the left wants to make it just like every other heavily socialized country is friggin ridiculous!!!

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836654 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:54 PM
Poor pampered and pouting Baghdad Bruce.

Just another moocher.

Author: FCorelli Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836659 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:58 PM
--------------------------

Ironic. He wants to take away somebody's country. HA!

The "America" those people want, they can have. People who count know we can do better. I think that's what made America great

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836661 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 4:58 PM
America was different, it was special, why the left wants to make it just like every other heavily socialized country is friggin ridiculous!!!

Yep. They don't like America. Then they claim it's patriotic not to like America! That's chutzpah.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836665 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:01 PM
Yep. They don't like America. Then they claim it's patriotic not to like America! That's chutzpah.

You've already told us that America no longer deserves you... told us twice, even.

So just leave... and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836673 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:12 PM
For a little while. Hopefully, not long enough to break it.

Won't it still be their country, even if you (plural) "take it back"?

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836678 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:17 PM
Won't it still be their country, even if you (plural) "take it back"?

Not sure what you're getting at. They will be back benchers, where they belong.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836679 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:18 PM
Not sure what you're getting at. They will be back benchers, where they belong.

I guess I'm asking whether you think it's any more your country than theirs (whoever you think "you" and "them" are). Or if it's everyone's country, no matter what.

Albaby

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836683 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:21 PM
So just leave...

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll take a pass and start the work of restoring my country. As long as the majority is still decent, and the folks are, I won't turn my back on them.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836686 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:22 PM
"Won't it still be their country, even if you (plural) "take it back"? "

I think the fact we know the orgins of America as a basis, its foundings, it documents, its principles, its traditions, etc. that the people who subscribe to this consider America our country, and those who are against the above, dislike America, hate what it stands for, calls it unjust, unfair, and wants nothing more than to change it are the people who don't themselves really claim America, they live here, but they don't claim it because in order to claim it you have to like/love it, and we know they don't, starting to love it because they are making the changes doesn't cut it. so in essense those who don't like America for America and will only like it if its changed from its origins are the people we need to take the country back from.

Author: Vetiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836687 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:23 PM
http://303magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nativeamer...

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836690 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:30 PM
I guess I'm asking whether you think it's any more your country than theirs (whoever you think "you" and "them" are). Or if it's everyone's country, no matter what.

The spoiled boomers are unworthy of their heritage. It is not their country to destroy. Even if they had a majority, it would still not be their country to destroy. Am I saying some voters are better than others? You bet I am.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836692 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:32 PM
Recommendations: 3
I think the fact we know the orgins of America as a basis, its foundings, it documents, its principles, its traditions, etc. that the people who subscribe to this consider America our country, and those who are against the above, dislike America, hate what it stands for, calls it unjust, unfair, and wants nothing more than to change it are the people who don't themselves really claim America, they live here, but they don't claim it because in order to claim it you have to like/love it, and we know they don't, starting to love it because they are making the changes doesn't cut it. so in essense those who don't like America for America and will only like it if its changed from its origins are the people we need to take the country back from.

Here's what I find marvelous about this quote - everyone can believe that they are the people who are the "our" in our country, and that the other side are the folks that don't really claim America. The above words could have been written by the most ardent liberal or the fiercest conservative.

Albaby

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836695 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:34 PM
The spoiled boomers are unworthy of their heritage. It is not their country to destroy. Even if they had a majority, it would still not be their country to destroy. Am I saying some voters are better than others? You bet I am.

You're not making a claim about whether some voters are "better" than others - you're making a claim about whether the country is some voters' country, and not others. Why is it not still their country as much as anyone else's, even if you think other voters are "better" than them?

Albaby

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836696 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:34 PM
hanks for the advice, but I think I'll take a pass and start the work of restoring my country.

On behalf of those who have been here longer than you have, may I say that you are certainly welcome to stay here and work for what you perceive to be the restoration of your country... because it is just as much yours as it is any of ours.

Thank goodness you have dropped the attitude of superiority that characterized your disposition last week- when you told us that America no longer deserved you.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836697 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:36 PM
Here's what I find marvelous about this quote - everyone can believe that they are the people who are the "our" in our country, and that the other side are the folks that don't really claim America. The above words could have been written by the most ardent liberal or the fiercest conservative.

Thank you, albaby.

You are exactly right.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836698 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:37 PM
"Not sure what you're getting at. They will be back benchers, where they belong."

You mean, where you guys are right now?

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836699 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:39 PM
You're not making a claim about whether some voters are "better" than others - you're making a claim about whether the country is some voters' country, and not others. Why is it not still their country as much as anyone else's, even if you think other voters are "better" than them?

I'm glad you asked. In lieu of an argument, an observation. One team thinks we are one of many nations. The other thinks we are a light unto the nations. The country RIGHTLY belongs to the latter. This is why we must win, with God's help.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836703 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:51 PM
One team thinks we are one of many nations. The other thinks we are a light unto the nations. The country RIGHTLY belongs to the latter.

Because they hold a different view of the place of America in the world? That is enough to determine that the country belongs to one group, and not the other?

Albaby

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836704 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:54 PM

That they don't particularly like America is an excellent reason to vote them into the wilderness.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836705 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:54 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll take a pass and start the work of restoring my country. As long as the majority is still decent, and the folks are, I won't turn my back on them.

All the best to you, Brucie. Keep up the mediocre work.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836707 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 5:58 PM
That they don't particularly like America is an excellent reason to vote them into the wilderness.

Are they allowed to disagree with you about what it means to like America? And is "voting them into the wilderness" the same as determining that America does not belong to them?

Albaby

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836710 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:06 PM
Are they allowed to disagree with you about what it means to like America? And is "voting them into the wilderness" the same as determining that America does not belong to them?

It's really not as complicated as you are making it. We must vote them into oblivion because the America we love is essential and we care about the future. As for your hangup on the word "belong", American belongs to those who love America and our essential and irreplaceable role in the world.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836711 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:06 PM

Confusing your vision of the country with the country itself... is a mistake that despots everywhere make on a regular basis.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836713 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:11 PM

Whatever that word salad said I think it assumed you know history. Riiiiight.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836715 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:16 PM
It's really not as complicated as you are making it. We must vote them into oblivion because the America we love is essential and we care about the future. As for your hangup on the word "belong", American belongs to those who love America and our essential and irreplaceable role in the world.

Actually, it is more complicated. There is a difference between one group having political control of a country and saying that said country does not belong to one group or another. I am curious what you mean by using the latter, instead of the former.

But you didn't answer my question - can people disagree with you about what it means to love America, and what our role in the world is, without jeopardizing whether they are part of the group that America belongs to?

Albaby

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836717 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:22 PM
But you didn't answer my question - can people disagree with you about what it means to love America, and what our role in the world is, without jeopardizing whether they are part of the group that America belongs to?

That goes without saying. What has that to do with the question of Democratic anti-Americanism and whether the folks should kick them to the curb?

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836721 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:25 PM
That goes without saying. What has that to do with the question of Democratic anti-Americanism and whether the folks should kick them to the curb?

The "folks" kicked the Republicans to the curb on this go-round.

A major reason has to do with TeaParty paraders who think they are the only ones who love America, and their agenda is the only proper agenda for America.

It's getting to the point that I think those who constantly talk about their opponents' anti-Americanism- don't really have a clue what America is all about.

I find your words quite strange, Bruce.

Especially since you've just said (twice) that American no longer deserves you.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836723 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:28 PM
"One team thinks we are one of many nations. The other thinks we are a light unto the nations. The country RIGHTLY belongs to the latter. This is why we must win, with God's help."

And you wonder why you guys lost the election.

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836728 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:40 PM
Recommendations: 3
Sorry Brucie, hate to break it to you but it's not your Country anymore.

It's mine and people who think and vote like me.

So collect up all the other troglodytes and head on over to Galt's Gulch.
You and all the other makers will love it.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836730 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:43 PM
Sorry Brucie, hate to break it to you but it's not your Country anymore.

It's still his country. As much as anyone's.

It's just that his opinion is "his". And his opinion was not reflected in the majority of votes cast by the "folks" last week.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836736 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:48 PM
Recommendations: 5

It depends on what you mean by "kick them to the curb." Do you mean physically removing them from the jurisdiction of the United States? Stripping them of the normal indicia and benefits of citizenship? Excluding them from civic society?

I suspect not - I suspect you simply mean, "Vote them out of office through ordinary democratic processes during the next regularly scheduled electoral cycle." But if that suspicion is the case, then I believe your intimation that the country does not "belong" to people who disagree with the folks is inappropriate. The country belongs to all of its citizens; and while political majorities in our government can be taken from one group by another, the country itself cannot.

Albaby

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836738 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:49 PM
No Bill it's not his Country.
Brucie is in open revolt and wants nothing more than to destroy the United States to get at The President.

He may be a useless Unich of a terrorist but he's still a wannabe terrorist.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836741 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:57 PM
No Bill it's not his Country.
Brucie is in open revolt and wants nothing more than to destroy the United States to get at The President.

He may be a useless Unich of a terrorist but he's still a wannabe terrorist.

Sorry, goaltender, but it's still his country. Our opinion of him does not determine whether or not it is his country.

Until he blows up a building or shoots someone, or openly calls for others to do the same, he's simply expressing his opinion.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836742 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 6:59 PM
eunuch.....

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836747 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 7:17 PM
Recommendations: 6
"One team thinks we are one of many nations. The other thinks we are a light unto the nations. The country RIGHTLY belongs to the latter. This is why we must win, with God's help."

And you wonder why you guys lost the election.

Clearly, God hates and refuses to help them.

--FY

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836749 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 7:22 PM
eunuch.....

Damn, I googled...google fail

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836750 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/14/2012 7:25 PM
Damn, I googled...google fail

That's ok.

I understood your spelling to be the "hooked on phonics" spelling.

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836851 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/15/2012 4:55 AM
I suspect not - I suspect you simply mean, "Vote them out of office through ordinary democratic processes during the next regularly scheduled electoral cycle." But if that suspicion is the case, then I believe your intimation that the country does not "belong" to people who disagree with the folks is inappropriate. The country belongs to all of its citizens; and while political majorities in our government can be taken from one group by another, the country itself cannot.

First, I want to say that I really appreciate how you do around here. You are first rate, and you definitely help me clarify my thinking.

And you're right, of course, that I'm talking about winning back the moral high ground, which is to say breaking the cultural monopoly that the left has established. If we succeed, we will be winning it back for the Democrat rank and file as much as for the Republican rank and file.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836906 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/15/2012 10:20 AM
"Because they hold a different view of the place of America in the world? That is enough to determine that the country belongs to one group, and not the other?

Albaby"

Not sure what's so difficult here, American isn't some obscure undefined thing, we have a starting point, a basis of how America was founded, its documents, its priciples, etc. that is what America is.

Group A - stands for and supports this America
Group B - stands against this America and wants to change it

It doesn't make sense to give Group B equal ownership of America when they despise it and want to change it, they are residents, not owners.

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836910 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/15/2012 10:26 AM
It doesn't make sense to give Group B equal ownership of America when they despise it and want to change it, they are residents, not owners.

So you want to go against those founding documents then.

Grape

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836923 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/15/2012 10:43 AM
'So you want to go against those founding documents then. "

No, i'm simply stating those who hate America are not worthy.

Author: wittgenstein Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836968 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/15/2012 12:00 PM
Thank you, albaby.

You are exactly right.

Exactly.

I love our country and don't want to "give it back".

(I think I may be sending my TV back though....and spend more time at the public library,)

jz

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836977 of 1947242
Subject: Re: Taking our country back Date: 11/15/2012 12:28 PM
I'd like to see Albaby and bcairns further explore bcairns' feeling that a "cultural monopoly" has been established by a group he calls "the left."

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement