UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MuddleHeadedFool Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308686  
Subject: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dance? Date: 11/20/2000 10:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Don't look now... but, yes, its me, over here in the corner, looking longingly at a new pair of satin dancin' slippers, the pretty ones with the bells on the toes that go so well with my little Foolish jingly cap! And you know what? They're mine! I'm earning them! :)

Hubby just got a 2500 sign on bonus (federal taxes ate 1/2 of it grrrr) and a salary raise! His net check this time was 1500 higher than last pay period. The debt we targeted as first up for demolition currently has a balance of 1838 at 23.3%. Guess what fools! The very minute that automatic deposit clears the checking account Wednesday, that sucker is gone, gone, GONE!!!

Since I drew my little witnessed line in the sand, here for all of you to see, I've been vigilantly getting all the credit cards, and other accounts caught up, so that the payments make it in before the due dates and before the next statements are cut. I've only made minimum payments in order to get everyone all aligned and happy (I made three payments to the phone company this month to achieve it!)

So we're current, we've bought nothing but food, gas and 2 setback thermostats this month. Plugging the cash leaks made it possible to take the 1500 and pay off an 1800 balance using the money that didn't leak away as waste to make up the difference

I'm starting a wall chart, so the progress will show! I'm fired up! Hubby is still bummed that we couldn't go have fun spending that money. The wall chart will help him feel better about it, I think, because the progress will show.

Dearest Household Retail Finance,

These little fragments are all that's left of your CompUsa charge card. Please cancel the account, may it rest in peace! And don't bother me again! I've got your 23.3% interest -- Right here!

:O

MHF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gk2000 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49784 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/20/2000 10:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
congrats MHF!

just be sure and pay for those dancing slippers in cash ; )

greg

Author: lalcorn Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49850 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/21/2000 7:04 PM
I like the chart on the wall idea--what a great motivator!! Way to go, Muddle!

-l

Author: Dawn77 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49855 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/21/2000 7:48 PM

MHF,
Amen!!!

Let's Dance!

Dawn

Author: cleem One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49862 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/21/2000 8:46 PM
I know you've been agonizing for the last few months, so what a great feeling this first one down is for you!

Congratulations!

cleem

Author: daoffer Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49907 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/22/2000 12:34 PM
lalcorn >>I like the chart on the wall idea--what a great motivator!!

Take a look at "Your Money or Your Life" by Jose Dominguez. It has some great ideas including a wall chart tracking your income, spending, investments and dividends. His ideas on investments stink (US bonds only) but his concept of a financial freedom day you can actually see is right on. In his case, freedom is when the dividend line crosses the spending line. After a few months, you can begin to see when that might happen. I'm using a percent of my total investments instead. Seeing progress from debt to positive net worth to strong investments is incredibly motivating.

Debora

Author: Layback76 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49984 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/23/2000 10:04 AM
"Get up and boogie, get up and boogie"

This is great, MHF. Chart on the wall and money in the bank!

Layback
still a wallflower.

Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50097 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/26/2000 3:48 PM
its me, over here in the corner, looking longingly at a new pair of satin dancin' slippers, the pretty ones with the bells on the toes that go so well with my little Foolish jingly cap! And you know what? They're mine! I'm earning them! :)

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great taking off that 23.3% shackle?

I'm starting a wall chart, so the progress will show! I'm fired up! Hubby is still bummed that we couldn't go have fun spending that money. The wall chart will help him feel better about it, I think, because the progress will show.

Yes, anything that will encourage him to work with you on The Great Payoff is worth it!

Keep up the good work and it is just a matter of time until you will be dancing again!

Author: MuddleHeadedFool Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50325 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/29/2000 2:10 PM
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great taking off that 23.3% shackle?

Yes, [cue music] o/~ I could have danced all night, I could spread my wings and done a thousand things, and still have asked for more...I could have danced, danced danced, all night!o/~ o/~

Well, maybe that's a bit much... but I'm known for exuberance!

Extra points to the first one who identifies that song!

MHF

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50372 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 11/29/2000 7:43 PM
Yes, [cue music] o/~ I could have danced all night, I could spread my wings and done a thousand things, and still have asked for more...I could have danced, danced danced, all night!o/~ o/~

Well, maybe that's a bit much... but I'm known for exuberance!

No one else seems to have gone for this one, so I'll take it.

"I Could have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady, by Lerner and Loewe.

Sung in the original cast by Julie Andrews, and in the movie by Marnie Nixon dubbing for Audrey Hepburn.

Nancy
A fan of Broadway

Author: lalcorn Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50597 of 308686
Subject: Re: tap, tap, tappity... who wants the first dan Date: 12/2/2000 12:01 PM

My Fair Lady...

I see Audrey Hepburn...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement