UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMoney2 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71100  
Subject: Taser Date: 8/15/2006 10:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
With the kind of success reported in the story below, the large moat, the 20-25 lawsuit dismissals, the new products (TaserCam), the maintenance needs of existing products and the large untapped market (domestic, Int'l, military) is TASER a steal at these prices???? What are your thoughts?

==========================================================
TASER Systems Contribute to 86 Percent Reduction in Officer Injuries
Monday August 14, 1:31 pm ET

WASHINGTON, Aug. 14, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ:TASR - News), a market leader in advanced electronic control devices, released the following News Alert:

According to news reports from Florida's Palatka Daily News, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office released their 2005 annual report last week. The report assesses the follow through on commitments made during Sheriff Dean Kelly's campaign and will guide decisions on policies and regulations going forward. The report found that injuries to deputies dropped 86 percent since all sworn officers have been equipped with a TASER(R) device.

``Not only do TASERs help our officers, but we've seen far fewer injuries to the persons being arrested, because we're not having to fight with them. So, it's a win-win situation for the officer, for the suspect being arrested and for the taxpayers, because if we're injured or the suspect's injured, that's who's paying the bill,' said Sheriff Kelly.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mauser96 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27436 of 71100
Subject: Re: Taser Date: 8/15/2006 10:46 AM
Recommendations: 0
In the stock market, perceptions are everything. And as long as stories about people expiring after being hit with a Taser are the main thing people hear about Taser, the stock is likely to languish.It's hard to get back that aura of invincibility once a go go stock loses momentum. Police departments should have policies of limiting the use of a Taser to once or twice- if somebody still resists they can always go back to night sticks.

Author: TMoney2 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27437 of 71100
Subject: Re: Taser Date: 8/15/2006 11:58 AM
<<It's hard to get back that aura of invincibility once a go go stock loses momentum.>>

Unless/Until the go-go stock becomes a dough-dough stock. Which makes people look back and say "Boy, that was the time to get in".

With the unparalleled success (86% decline in officer injury, not to mention suspects!), the declining legal risks (precedences are being set) and the accountability with the cam model, PDs around the globe will be itching to gets these on their belts. And when they do, it will almost ceratinly be a Taser.

Author: TMFBreakerTinker Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27438 of 71100
Subject: Re: Taser Date: 8/15/2006 12:15 PM
Recommendations: 4
I agree with TMoney, not necessarily about Taser, as I'm not commenting specifically here, but it is one to really look at, but that I've heard it many times before. The trend is your friend, loss of momentum can never be regained, etc. The best time to buy is at such times if the business fundamentals are indeed much better than the valuation. Taser clearly has a near if not full monopoly in its field. The bad press largely comes from left wing sources which largely attack TASERS not for any flaw in the product but for their own fund raising reasons. The benefits of the product vs. the risk are enormous. Far more lives are saved than will ever be lost due to the TASER and it saves police departments millions of dollars in work place injuries and alleged perpetrator injuries.

I spoke with one of my clients with a more felonious background, he was Tasered once. He will never be Tasered again, on the ground he will go and he will cooperate like a girl scout if he is ever in a situation like that again.

The bad press creates an excellent Wall of Worry.

Now as for the rest, time to dig into the numbers and see what actually is the earning potential of Taser once the business recovers from the bad press.

Tinker
P.S. Not all the legal dismissal were on the merits. There are some settlements as well that got reported by Taser as dismissals of the suit. But if you read the actual pleadings the case or cases were dismissed due to undisclosed settlements. But yes, not a single jury verdict or back breaking settlement to be found against Taser as of yet.

Author: edinberlin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27439 of 71100
Subject: Re: Taser Date: 8/15/2006 12:38 PM
Taser currently appears on the Regulation SHO Threshold Security List, which gives me some cause for concern.

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/aspx/regsho.aspx

I tend to avoid stocks on this list because there might be pps manipulation via "naked shorting". I don't mind a high short position in a stock, if indeed the shares are borrowed and will need to be eventually replaced; it can represent buying potential. I don't believe naked shorting is fair to retail investors and I like to play on a level ballfield. JMHO.
Ed

Author: TAR12 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27440 of 71100
Subject: Re: Taser Date: 8/15/2006 12:48 PM
"Taser currently appears on the Regulation SHO Threshold Security List, which gives me some cause for concern."

Proposed rules by SEC to address the REG SHO list, intended to eliminate some of the problems with the failed to deliver shares.

http://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/2006/34-54154.pdf

As for TASR, the potential to make money is clear. How much, who knows, but they have barely penetrated their targeted market. I have been watching for some sign of life in sales, nothing so far this year. Also, even if sales start coming in, will current management be able to deliver value to shareholders?

T. Allan

Author: TMoney2 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27441 of 71100
Subject: Re: Taser Date: 8/16/2006 1:07 PM
Press Release Source: TASER International, Inc.

TASER International Announces Formation of Senior Executive Advisory Board
Wednesday August 16, 9:29 am ET
SEAB Members Will Guide Company Strategy for Federal Law Enforcement, Homeland Defense and Military Relations

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 16, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ:TASR - News), a market leader in advanced electronic control devices today announced the formation of a new Senior Executive Advisory Board (SEAB) that will provide the Company with a team of professionals with extensive military, homeland defense and law enforcement experience to advance the goal of supplying the military and government agencies with the benefits of the TASER(r) technology.
The advisory group will include the following members.

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060816/103912.html
-- General Gary Luck, U.S. Army Retired, is currently a Senior
Mentor providing advice and counsel to senior training
commanders and staff in support of the U.S. Joint Forces
Command's Joint Warfighting Center.

-- Lt. Gen. Buck Bedard, USMC Retired, was most recently the
Deputy Commandant for Plans, Policies and Operations at USMC
Headquarters in Washington, D.C.;

-- Mr. Don Cahill; Cahill brings nearly 30 years of law enforcement
experience, ten of which were served as the legislative director
at the National Fraternal Order of Police;

-- Maj. Gen. Carroll Childers, U.S. Army National Guard Retired,
has 38 years of experience in Department of Defense Research,
Development, Test and Evaluation;

-- Maj. Gen. Jack Davis USMCR Retired, was responsible for the
leadership, direction and support of over 20,000 personnel located
in 106 cities throughout the U.S. and an annual budget of $60
million;

-- Brig. Gen. Jim Feigley USMC Retired, served as the executive
authority for the research, development, procurement, fielding
and life cycle support for all Marine Corps ground combat, combat
support and combat service support equipment, ordnance and
systems;

-- Arnette Heintze, retired senior executive with U.S. Secret
Service, with 27 years of experience at the most senior levels of
federal, state and local law enforcement, specializing in security
planning and management, investigative and protective operations,
emergency preparedness, crisis management and disaster response;
and

-- Terry Hillard, retired Chicago Police Superintendent with more
than 35 years of law enforcement and Marine Corps experience.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement