Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0


WA is a community property state, also. Some friends of mine have a husband/wife business...but they have never had it as a partnership. They have the taxes done by a CPA and he's never mentioned the partnership stuff.

All that doesn't really answer your question about going back to a schedule C tho'. I was really hoping someone else would chime in here. I still think I'm right that the assets can stay in the partnership, but the income can be allocated totally to you for SE tax purposes, so you would still file the partnership return.

The amount of tax would really be the same as a Schedule C...just the allocation would be different.

I think this was brought about by husbands and wives having a business together, but only one getting all the SS credits, leaving one without any SS in their name.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.