Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Tax Act Date: 6/28/2010 10:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
while filing my copies of our 2009 forms, I see that I printed out Schedule D-1 for one set of returns, but not for the rest of the family.

Since I like keeping track of that sort of thing from year to year (even with round numbers), I'd like to print out the other D-1 pages, but can't find them with the software, not even when I look under the Forms tab.

Yeah, I could probably recreate them by hand, but I'd prefer the nice "typewritten" copies.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!

~~ Alison
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110619 of 121219
Subject: Re: Tax Act Date: 6/28/2010 11:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
while filing my copies of our 2009 forms, I see that I printed out Schedule D-1 for one set of returns, but not for the rest of the family.

Were they needed on the others? Schedule D-1 comes into play only if there's not enough room on line 1 or 8 (7?) of Schedule D.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110621 of 121219
Subject: Re: Tax Act Date: 6/28/2010 11:56 AM
Recommendations: 0
Were they needed on the others? Schedule D-1 comes into play only if there's not enough room on line 1 or 8 (7?) of Schedule D.

Well, okay and oops -- it seems there wasn't enough to generate the D-1. They both had carryover losses, so I guess I'm just used to having seen D-1 in the past. I'm also used to seeing the names of the investments as well as the amounts, not just "capital gains distributions" on line 13.

However, I still couldn't find my D-1 again, so I'm glad I printed it out at the time.

Thanks so much, Phil! You're the best!

~~ Alison

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement