Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WEBstudent Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121599  
Subject: Tax brackets Date: 12/25/2000 1:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Could someone please direct me to a website with the breakdown of the tax bracket percentages and rules of engagement?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43370 of 121599
Subject: Re: Tax brackets Date: 12/25/2000 9:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
How about IRS' very own website? Their search engine works quite well. You should be able to find what you want from this page.

http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/index.html

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43377 of 121599
Subject: Re: Tax brackets Date: 12/26/2000 1:27 AM
Recommendations: 5
Could someone please direct me to a website with the breakdown of the tax bracket percentages and rules of engagement?

You'll find the tax rate schedules in the instructions for Form 1040-ES, which you can download from the IRS site. There are separate 2001 and 2001 versions.

As for rules of engagement, I've worked with taxes for about 30 years, and the only rules of engagement I know are buy her a ring, set a date, and be nice to her mother.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43378 of 121599
Subject: Re: Tax brackets Date: 12/26/2000 1:32 AM
A month ago when my fund family posted its estimated distributions and I needed to see if I needed to radically change my withholding to avoid underwithholding penalty, I found the tax bracket information on the IRS web site in form 1040ES (1040 Estimated Taxes).

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement