Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello- I'm preparing to start a new job in the next week. With the new job I have the customary tax forms to fill out. This year (2000) I am due to be refunded about $1000. I bought a house so I know that is part of the reason for the substantial refund. For 2001 I'd like to claim enough exemptions to where I will be refunded or owe as little as possible. Is there any tax calculator that will compute this for both state (MD) and federal, based on income, interest payments, etc. I really hate giving my money to the IRS for them to spend. Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.