Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello All,

Need to change the registration on some tax certificates (clerical change really ) and was wondering what the tax consequences would be of adding an additional name as a TOD (transfer on death) - - - upon my passing does the stock then transfer to them, tax free - and if so what would be their cost basis...
(I have checked and in my state TOD is recognized)

Thanks in advance -
Just wondering if registering it this way will make it easier or save any in taxes...

Best of Investing to All

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.