Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a totally disabled aunt who resides with me from time to time, although she does not permanently live with me. She can sometimes reside with me for up to two years at a time to escape the cold up north (I live in Florida). Due to her disability, she is a social security recipient. Can I take a tax credit for her for the tax years that she resides with me fully for that year, although she files income taxes on her social security income as well, and she does not permanently reside with me?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.