Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120812  
Subject: Tax credit for tax paid to another state Date: 3/18/2013 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"The out-of-state tax credit, or credit for taxes paid to another state, may be allowed in cases where a Virginia resident is taxed on certain types of income received in another state, as a nonresident of that state. The credit applies only to income taxes paid to another state, and may not be claimed for income taxes paid to Arizona, California, Oregon, or the District of Columbia. "

This is true for California also. I'm trying to find out WHY though. Why does California allow for a tax credit for state tax paid to other states, but NOT for Oregon?

So if someone lives in California but makes income in Oregon from a house rental, what are they supposed to do?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foo1bar Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118081 of 120812
Subject: Re: Tax credit for tax paid to another state Date: 3/18/2013 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Why does California allow for a tax credit for state tax paid to other states, but NOT for Oregon?

Apparently OR gives credit for the CA taxes paid on the OR income.

what I found from google search for
"oregon california income tax reverse credit":

http://www.accountantforums.com/state-income-taxes-income-ea...

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118082 of 120812
Subject: Re: Tax credit for tax paid to another state Date: 3/18/2013 6:14 PM
Interesting. Thanks foolbar.
RB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement