Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am 18 years old, single, with no dependents, and will have to file a tax return for the first time next year, 2003. I plan to earn approximately $21,000 in 2002.
My job is a long-term temporary position. I commute 70 miles round-trip five days per week, so I spend quite a bit for gas and car maintenance, in addition to paying for meals. I am also making payments on a federal student loan.
Since I do not know which expenses are deductible, any help/information you can give me would be greatly appreciated so I can make sure to save any necessary receipts.
Thank you very much.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.