Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I file my taxes based on the W-2 that i recieve from my company. I would like to know if I can file a new W-4 and contribute more than I do right now to avoid a tax penalty if in case my withholdings to this point do not suffice to my earnings.
Also I would like to know the best strategy to pay less taxes as my filing status is single.
Any suggestions and ideas are welcome.
I am new to this and would appreciate some feedback from my fellow fools,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.