Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi. I just recently opened a trading account in the US. I had to sign a W8 form and a 1001 stating that I am a non-resident alien. Where would be the best place to find out about the tax implications of my status, if any. I would greatly appreciate help on this matter as I do not want to find any surprises down the road. Is there any kind of book or guide that specifically addresses non-resident aliens? Because I have flipped through some tax guides and I see that all of them address issues for US residents. Thanks
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.