No. of Recommendations: 0
Are there any investment alternatives that will allow tax free growth and withdrawl like a Roth IRA but without the IRS restrictions? I will not invest in a Roth IRA because the IRS has the nerve to say that

I can't touch my money without penalty until 59 1/2: So for example according to the IRS, I can't retire at 50, 52, or 53 and touch my retirement funds otherwise I am taxed an additional 10% + my regular bracket

I can't contribute more than the annual limits: So in other words I AM BEING PENALIZED FOR SAVING

That my contributions have to be earned

That my withdrawls have to be FIXED and based on my life span: Can someone explain to me how a senior that has a $500,000 IRA can live on a FIXED withdrawl of $25,000 a year? Assuming 20 more years after retirement, a senior has food, medicine, medical expenses, rent, bills, most likely car & car payments, life insurance, health insurance, etc...probably much more than this.

Please help this frustrated 23 year old fool!
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.