Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What is the maximum amount of income one can have without needing to pay taxes on the income? (I though I remembered someone saying it was $4400...)

And if I have $2500 inincome and a $3500 cap-gains loss, do I simply indicate on my return that I am carrying forward the entire loss rather than using any of it agaist my income? Or is there something else I need to write?

Thanks again

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.