Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Donnalp Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Tax on excess contributions to Roth IRA Date: 12/10/1999 2:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I know there is a 6% tax on excess contributions to a
Roth IRA and something about a tax on excess contributions for the previous year (RE: instructions for 1998). I would like to make excess contributions to my Roth IRA now, pay the 6% now and no taxes in the
future - but I don't understand about future taxes on
excess contributions for previous year is it just the previous years exess or ANY previous years excess? Could you please explain this to me. Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hghcpa Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22847 of 121061
Subject: Re: Tax on excess contributions to Roth IRA Date: 12/10/1999 9:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I know there is a 6% tax on excess contributions to a
Roth IRA and something about a tax on excess contributions for the previous year (RE: instructions for 1998). I would like to make excess contributions to my Roth IRA now, pay the 6% now and no taxes in the
future - but I don't understand about future taxes on
excess contributions for previous year is it just the previous years exess or ANY previous years excess? Could you please explain this to me. Thanks
===============

IIRC the 6% tax will apply to all years.

Pete

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement