Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is a tax question for all those not currently living in America.

I am Irishman who used to live in the US. Last year, I gave it up my green card because I am now permanently resident in S Korea. I have a business out here. I was told by my fidelity broker that I had to file tax returns on a W8 form. But first had to find out if Korea has a tax agreement with the United States. If not, I am subject to 28% withholding. Is anyone on this site in a similar situation?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.