Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: powertrader77 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 123501  
Subject: Tax tips for Newbie? Date: 2/22/2000 1:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hello All,
I need some help on filing tax. I am a college students whose status are dependent to parents. My salaries for 1999 exceed $4300(Maximum Standard Deduction for Dependent Single). Therefore, I will receive only 1/3 of refund under my tax bracket. However, I have capital loss of $1800 plus $500 of commission. Can I reports these capital loss to increase my deduction? How? What form should I use? I have only used 1040EZ bofore. Can I carry over part of loss to next year? What if I just file 1040EZ and forget about additional deduction and capital loss? Do you think IRS is still going to stick their neck? Any info will be welcome. Thank you for your time.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Foolanthropy 2015!
Fistula Foundation: A World of Good!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Gilead Sciences CC Thoughts
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.