UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gunship Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75340  
Subject: Taxable Compensation Date: 4/11/2000 3:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello All!

Do IRA contributions have to be directly from a taxable contribution source (wages, tips, etc..) or can they be from any source such as a closed out mutual fund. (as long as I have a taxable contribution source, i.e a job.)

Thanks!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21117 of 75340
Subject: Re: Taxable Compensation Date: 4/11/2000 3:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, Gunship, and welcome. You asked:

<<Do IRA contributions have to be directly from a taxable contribution source (wages, tips, etc..) or can they be from any source such as a closed out mutual fund. (as long as I have a taxable contribution source, i.e a job.)>>

As long as you have the earned income (wages, tips, etc.) to support the contribution, the contribution may come from anywhere (i.e., gift, taxable account, etc.). All that's important is that you have the earned income otherwise.

Regards..Pixy

Author: garrettgraham Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21153 of 75340
Subject: Re: Taxable Compensation Date: 4/12/2000 4:37 PM
dear pixy re your 5 year living experse stash what is included in that number? It seems you suggest one only invest if you have 5 years living expenses stashed in safe investments which means to me (living in San Francisco )that i need about 100 thousand a year times 5 i. e. 500 thousand before I put a nickle in the stock market. Am i getting your point?

Author: garrettgraham Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21154 of 75340
Subject: Re: Taxable Compensation Date: 4/12/2000 4:41 PM
dear pixy re your 5 year living experse stash what is
included in that number? It seems you suggest one only
invest if you have 5 years living expenses stashed in
safe investments which means to me (living in San
Francisco )that i need about 100 thousand a year times
5 i. e. 500 thousand before I put a nickle in the stock
market. Am i getting your point? WOW that is fast. i posted two messages because my first was not on a relevent subject. i am legit

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21165 of 75340
Subject: Re: Taxable Compensation Date: 4/13/2000 10:06 AM
Greetings,. Garretgraham, and welcome. You wrote:

<<dear pixy re your 5 year living experse stash what is included in that number? It seems you suggest one only invest if you have 5 years living expenses stashed in safe investments which means to me (living in San Francisco )that i need about 100 thousand a year times 5 i. e. 500 thousand before I put a nickle in the stock market. Am i getting your point?>>

In a sense you are, but I'll expound more on the topic in the column that will appear on Monday, April 17.

Regards..Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement