Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sensen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Taxable warrents Date: 2/25/2000 3:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Are stock options or "put warrents" taxable when exercised or granted? I became interested in this matter when it was reveled to me that Microsoft was paying it's employees in warrents that allowed them to purchase stock, Microsoft stock I presume, at a reduced price. I also was interested in whether or not the employee or Microsoft paid any Social Security taxes on the warrents. Anybody care to offer some advice? Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30058 of 121061
Subject: Re: Taxable warrents Date: 2/26/2000 12:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<<Are stock options or "put warrents" taxable when exercised or granted? I became interested in this matter when it was reveled to me that Microsoft was paying it's employees in warrents that allowed them to purchase stock, Microsoft stock I presume, at a reduced price. I also was interested in whether or not the employee or Microsoft paid any Social Security taxes on the warrents. Anybody care to offer some advice?>>

Stock options and warrants are two entirely different issues for tax purposes. I would suggest that you visit the Fairmark tax site (http://www.fairmark.com) for the best discussion regarding options as compensation anywhere on the web. Once you spend a few hours at that site, you'll have a better understanding of options and how they work from both a compensation and tax standpoint.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement