Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GrandmaTerry Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: Taxation on investment earnings Date: 6/27/2000 10:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
This retired fool wonders why the powers that be in our legislatures - both State & Federal - don't offer the citizenry the opportunity and inducement to save/invest by eliminating the tax on earnings up to a given annual sum of, say, $10,000. I believe if people could save, knowing that they would not have to pay taxes on their earnings up to a given "decent" limit, they would be inclined to save more and spend less, thus living below their income. The idea of allowing workers to invest a small portion of their Soc.Sec. taxes does not do enough. What say you fools about petitioning for this or a similar idea???
Print the post Back To Top
Author: WauseonFox Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4296 of 19222
Subject: Re: Taxation on investment earnings Date: 6/27/2000 1:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
GrandmaTerry:

Why do you say, "Both State & Federal"? My Domicile is in Texas, and Texas doesn't tax my earnings!

Next, since Congress can (by their own rules) be only revenue neutral in tax changes; what do you wished to see taxed by Washington to make up the difference?

But anyway...a novel concept, and that's why we have discussion boards.

--WauseonFox--

Author: Ron4tune One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4535 of 19222
Subject: Re: Taxation on investment earnings Date: 7/18/2000 9:35 AM
Recommendations: 0

FYI
You, or any one with earned income above $2000,
can save $2000 before taxes in an IRA. (I know, there
are more caveats.)

An increase in this amount is under consideration.

Ron

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement