Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cstrohm Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121095  
Subject: TaxCut 2006 Basic for free Date: 1/16/2007 11:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I found H&R Block's Taxcut Basic 2006 software available for download over at:
http://www.download.com/H-R-Block-TaxCut-Basic/3000-2047_4-10608845.html

Since that's a commercial product, I emailed H&R Block customer support about it. Here is their reply:

TaxCut Software Support, TaxCutSoftwareSupport@hrblock.com

Thank you for contacting H&R Block TaxCut Software Support.

The product is available for Free, but you have to understand that this is just for Basic Federal filing. If you choose to E-file the return you be charged a fee and this does not include filing your state taxes.

If you have further questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail. H&R Block values you as a TaxCut customer and we look forward to serving as your tax and financial partner in the future.

Sincerely,
H&R Block TaxCut Software Support Team

This is the tax package I purchase every year. Be aware this download only does US Federal taxes, and it does not include a "prepaid" e-file coupon. If you're the type that isn't thrilled about sending your private tax forms through some private company's servers, this is a great deal. The regular selling price would be $9.95.

Enjoy.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DeltaOne81 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90978 of 121095
Subject: Re: TaxCut 2006 Basic for free Date: 1/16/2007 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Here's a free download software tax product that includes free e-filing:
http://www.taxact.com/products/index_personal.asp

Not sure why everyone ignores these guys :-P

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement