Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: josepk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121480  
Subject: Taxes and LLC Date: 11/8/2000 8:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

I'm thinking about creating an LLC as a side business while I continue to work full-time. Since I will be paying regular taxes through my full-time job, would I still have to pay quarterly estimated taxes for the LLC?

Thanks,

Joe
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41604 of 121480
Subject: Re: Taxes and LLC Date: 11/8/2000 6:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Since I will be paying regular taxes through my full-time job, would I still have to pay quarterly estimated taxes for the LLC?

You haven't provided enough information to get an accurate answer. How have you chosen to have the LLC taxed? (Sole Proprietorship, S Corp, C Corp) How much do you estimate it will earn in net profits? If it is as a sole proprietorship or S corp, it would depend on how much net profit and whether or not your withholding will cover it within the estimated tax guidelines. If the profit is enough, you would have to pay estimated taxes. You should review what you think you will make vs. what you will make at your full time job and see how much extra your job's withholding would be.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement