Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The IRS just denied my online tax return-error code 526-the qualifying person's social security number can't be used on another
return. My children's father and I both have dependent care accounts, both pay for daycare, and are not married. Does this mean
we should not have both taken out dependent care policies? If we each can prove the amount spent on daycare what does the IRS
care who claims what?What should I do?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.