Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2

Check the tables in IRS Form 1040. If you are married, and of a certain age, you may not have to even file a return at all, if your income OTHER THAN SS INCOME, is $22,400 or less!

Check it out. For us this year, I checked with IRS and the State of VT and was told straight out: No need to even file!

In our state, however, we DID need to file for the Homesteader Exemption, to save on property taxes, and I did that on line and got an acknowledgement, which I have printed out for my records.


Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.