Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Please forgive if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find any reference to this topic after an hour of searching around Fooldom.

I just found out that my Taiwan Semiconductor (TSR) stock paid a 40% stock dividend, which was taxed at a 20% rate (with much discussion on the TSR board). This stock is held in my IRA. Does anyone understand how this is handled from a IRS standpoint? I can do the math to come up with the new share value but how do I (if possible) recover the foreign tax paid on an IRA holding?


Rick (aka GliderGuy)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.