Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: wzo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 606  
Subject: Re: Training advice Date: 2/17/2002 1:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
TDT
I use to be a backseater in the Phantom. While flying in the pit, I went on to earn my ratings to include Commercial, Instrument, Multi. Last summer when my boy was 16, I wanted to teach him to fly so I needed a CFI quick. I went to Shebly Aviation in Bullhead City Arizona - right on the Nevada border.

At Shebly, I earned a CFI in 8 days and then a CFII and an MEI in 2 days. I was gone from home a total of 11 days. The CFII/MEI was a combined ride. With your experience it will be a cake walk. I think the training was pretty good. I came back to Ohio and taught my son. I soloed him out in my Maule in 5.8 hours and sent him to his private check after just turning 17 with 40.4. He passed with flying colors. We are cranking out an instrument rating and commercial now. The goal is to get both of them on his 18th birthday.

I looked for Shebly's web site but can not find it. Give me a little time and I will find it and post it for you. Another great web site is http://www.thecfi.com/welcome.htm. This is a CFI web site that has a great discussion group on it. Let me know if this helps.

Best of Luck
WZO
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement