UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1963130  
Subject: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/17/2013 10:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Poor white folk in Tea-Bag savvy Red States are among those who will disproportionally benefit from Obamacare. Many Fux News viewers have been so addled with lies and misinformation that they'll likely forgo more comprehensive health care coverage at lower cost through ignorance.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-17/obamacare-rollout-s...

Judith Mayer Lynn, uninsured and battling breast cancer, should be a fan of the Affordable Care Act. Instead, she barely knows about it.

The 56-year-old Nevada woman was unaware of subsidies in the law that will help people like her buy coverage in 2014, she said in an interview. Lynn didn’t know the act requires insurers to pay for prescription drugs, hospital stays and other services she’s spent the last two years scrimping to afford. Nor did she realize she can no longer be denied a policy due to her illness.

Told of the benefits, Lynn remained unconvinced, skeptical of insurers and government alike. “It’s a joke,” she said. “There’s going to be loopholes in all of these provisions.”

Such ignorance about the 2010 law is hardly unusual. An April poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that 40 percent of Americans weren’t even sure the act remained law.

</snip>

intercst
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884163 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/17/2013 10:40 PM
Recommendations: 6
quoting from your link

Such ignorance about the 2010 law is hardly unusual. An April poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that 40 percent of Americans weren’t even sure the act remained law.

And the opening heading reads...

Obamacare Rollout Seen Slowed by Confusion Over Benefits

So in other words it is the fault of the prez and the dems who have turned prezcare into such a terrible disaster people are not aware of the care and benefits they should be getting in order to be treated for their health problems.

Just another prez failure, happens every day now, so it seems.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884169 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 12:13 AM
Recommendations: 63
So in other words it is the fault of the prez and the dems who have turned prezcare into such a terrible disaster people are not aware of the care and benefits they should be getting in order to be treated for their health problems.

Just another prez failure, happens every day now, so it seems.

You know . . . there was a time when I agreed with you - that the Obama administration bore much of the responsibility for public ignorance about their policies and actions. But after watching the right wing echo chamber and the wingnut brigade in action for six years, I have a better understanding of the problem.

If any member of the Obama family or any third tier member of the White House staff has so much as a bad hair day, the right wing echo chamber starts a 24/7 attack on how this hair is leading to the downfall of civilization and is in clear violation of the Constitution. Within a few days of the start of the echo chamber drumbeat, the wingnuts all over the nation are screaming, "Kenyan", "Muslim", "Birth certificate", "Benghazi", "Fast and Furious", "IRS", "Bad hair", at the top of their lungs. The press, which cares far too much about controversy & ratings and far too little about the truth, aids and abeds the wack jobs. They make their story as a battle between Obama and the teabagger of the day. All of this noise only adds, to the confusion.

So it seems to me that the Obama Administration has figured out that it doesn't pay to play that game. The most effective thing they can do is simply avoid the kind of publicity that will cause the echo chamber to crank up the volume and spew lies. I wish there were some other way, but I don't see it. Rupert and the Koch brothers have a lot of money and plenty of Wattage. They can lie louder and faster than any politician can correct their intentional confusion.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884171 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 12:59 AM
Recommendations: 4
So what?

If red state governors and tea partiers are too stupid to avail themselves of the benefits of Obamacare then that's their problem.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884173 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 1:13 AM
Recommendations: 2
Sure, blame the victims (the American people) for the monstrosity known as OwebamaKare.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/how-ma...

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884178 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 7:06 AM
Recommendations: 8
You know . . . there was a time when I agreed with you - that the Obama administration bore much of the responsibility for public ignorance about their policies and actions. But after watching the right wing echo chamber and the wingnut brigade in action for six years, I have a better understanding of the problem.

You have a better understanding of the problem? Hardly...Did you see CC's reply and read her link. There lies one of the biggest problems why so few understand prezcare...

"How many pages of regulations for ‘Obamacare’?

#ObamaCare regulations - 828 pages in one day. Overall, there are nearly 20,000 pages – with many more to come"

Right wing echo chamber? LOL...go back and read your reply to me...It's filled with the dem talking points..." the wingnuts all over the nation are screaming, "Kenyan", "Muslim", "Birth certificate", "Benghazi", "Fast and Furious", "IRS", "Bad hair", at the top of their lungs"
You even topped it off with the mention of, "Rupert and the Koch brothers"...echo chamber indeed.

So it seems to me that the Obama Administration has figured out that it doesn't pay to play that game

That's right. They do whatever they damn well please regardless of the Law, the Constitution, and the American people.
So please, tell us all about the (ahem) most transparent prez ever and his administration...

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884181 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 7:10 AM
Recommendations: 5
The problem is the President has been trapped in his own lies about the law. Where's the $2,500 savings people were promised? What happened to "you can keep your doctor".

Even the author doesn't see the roll-out going well and California is looking at rate increases of over 100% for some people. And California is not a Red State by far.

Part of the confusion is that it's a 2,000 page law that nobody read before passing and if include the regulations coming from HHS (which are also confusing) it's over 4,000 pages of which not a single supporter of the law can honesty say they read.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884196 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 8:34 AM
Recommendations: 0
The 56-year-old Nevada woman was unaware of subsidies in the law that will help people like her buy coverage in 2014, she said in an interview. Lynn didn’t know the act requires insurers to pay for prescription drugs, hospital stays and other services she’s spent the last two years scrimping to afford. Nor did she realize she can no longer be denied a policy due to her illness.

Told of the benefits, Lynn remained unconvinced, skeptical of insurers and government alike. “It’s a joke,” she said. “There’s going to be loopholes in all of these provisions.”

It's Darwinian.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884198 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 8:39 AM
Recommendations: 6
It's Darwinian.

I agree.

It is hard to believe as a country we will continue to exist, if we believe that you can end up paying more, be heavily subsidized by the government get more stuff while running a huge deficit and continue to exist and actually improve the ability to get stuff.

No organism that friggin stupid can continue to exist. This poor woman realizing something is wrong still does not stand a chance with the tsunami of ignorance other are bringing to the table.

Although who knows, although it has still not finished being designed and is being implemented, maybe even the more stupid who like what is going on will wake up(intscst of course excluded)

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884251 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 11:39 AM
Even the author doesn't see the roll-out going well and California is looking at rate increases of over 100% for some people.

Yeah, mostly people who can't get normal insurance coverage now and only have very cheap catastrophic insurance coverage with high deductibles. Their premiums may double with Obamacare, but their coverage will be a lot better, and if they get sick or injured, their out-of-pocket will be thousands, or tens of thousands, less.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1884344 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Tea-bagger Ignorance Slows Obamacare Rollout Date: 6/18/2013 4:22 PM
Darwin award.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement